movement in the head

thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 6:57 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 6:57 AM

movement in the head

Author: thorjackson
Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

more and more i get a back and forth or side to side motion in my head on and of cusion. On one occasion it became so violent i had to isolate myself from other people in my colledge libeary. i went to the rest room sat down then the next thing i can remember being aware of was standing up in the colledge entrance dumbfounded not knowing what happened with everything in my field of vision emersed with a white mist. the mist disapated and i had to walk up to somebody, anybody, and ask them where i had to go next. As if to try and normalise myself. Can anyone shed light on this for me please ?
thumbnail
Florian, modified 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 8:19 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 8:19 AM

RE: movement in the head

Hi Thorjackson,
I experiences similar (if not that pronounced) effects a while back. There's a thread calles "walking and noting", with good advice in it. It helped me to widen the focus of my concentration a bit, make it more inclusive.

What are you practicing? Maybe you could tell us more about yourself, perhaps on your profile page?

Cheers,
Florian
thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 9:13 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/9/08 9:13 PM

RE: movement in the head

Author: thorjackson

thanks monkeymind (grass hopper! similar joke different context)
do you not think that, what is actually moving in the head is are true self (energy body, spirit) kind of loosening its tethers so to speak. similarly like my other thead, riding the breath, its my true self focused by concentration actually traveling, not out of body, but just too another area of my body. And the reason i got so joyfull was that i new at the moment of displacement that this whole idea about still exsisting after bodily death is true. glory be!
Like it says in budda text, somthing like " joy is felt due to being leberated from the senses.
i've filled in my profile now.

Breadcrumb