visual and audible sensations

lena lozano, modified 15 Years ago at 10/13/08 5:16 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/13/08 5:16 AM

visual and audible sensations

Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I was meditating 'suddenly vibrations became almost unfillable'very soft'the fiklling was like if I fall aslip/next moment appeared some violet light without shape'after it some round green spot(my eyes closed)'after that I so very clearly a room I never so in my life-I could observe wooden flore'simple bed'closet' ,some lamp/suddenly I heard a jet passing behind the window and all my body started to vibrate with resonanse from that jet with predominant zzzzzzzzzzzzsound in my ears'very very loud/end of session.after it stoped I realized there were no jets'no cars'no noise outside at all/everything started from inside of me.I m post A&P.new to this site
lena lozano, modified 15 Years ago at 10/13/08 7:54 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/13/08 7:54 AM

RE: visual and audible sensations

I just wanted to add that this was the first tme i ever experienced something that was "outside of me",as well as it was first time i had clear visual and audible experience-never so any lights or other visionsor sounds before,i paid the whole attention only to particular sensation on particular body spot observed at that moment,probably thats the reason of my exitment with this quite new type of experience-is it my perifery showing up,instead of my senterednes in what is "me",?
thumbnail
Florian, modified 15 Years ago at 10/15/08 7:48 AM
Created 15 Years ago at 10/15/08 7:48 AM

RE: visual and audible sensations

Hi Elena,
Welcome to the Dharma Overground.
While I can't tell you for sure what your experience was, my best guess would be "something from the A&P territory". The fast vibrations are a useful indicator, as are the lights and noises.
If you suspect you got across the A&P, the best strategy I can offer you is to watch your meditation experiences closely and compare them with the maps. Do you use a meditation diary? I've found it useful when trying to "find" myself on the map - the "landmarks" of vibration quality, width of focus, sitting comfort and so on are very accurate in my experience.
Be aware that after the A&P comes the Dark Night.

Cheers,
Florian

Breadcrumb