Noticing sensations of I

FM Cetin, modified 5 Years ago at 5/30/18 10:37 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 5/30/18 10:09 AM

Noticing sensations of I

Sorry ıf this has been discussed.

Here is what I did.
I looked and noticed THE sensation where "I" resides.

I locate the sensation and stay with it with equanimity

After a few seconds the sensation goes away.

When the sensation goes away my body shakes a bit. (Release response, pretty sure)

Then there is a gap of 5-10 seconds or so where I cant find an I sensation.

Then another sensation of I arises

And goes away etc.

Is it supposed to be like this?

(I reached equanimity a few years ago. Then did a lot of "just sitting", self inquiry etc in gwan um zen school.)
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 2:19 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 2:19 AM

RE: Noticing sensations of I

I did something similar and found such an exploration very fruitful.

http://thehamiltonproject.blogspot.com/2011/01/yogi-toolbox-noting-part-1-nicks.html?m=1
What is happening in this moment, modified 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 6:38 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 6:34 AM

Nikolai .:
I did something similar and found such an exploration very fruitful.

http://thehamiltonproject.blogspot.com/2011/01/yogi-toolbox-noting-part-1-nicks.html?m=1

You have made quite a rich treasure trove of a website Nikolai, have you ever considered compiling a lot of it into a book or e-book for wider accessibility and ease of reference? 

On this topic i'm reminded of a Kim Katami guided meditation and one of the instructions was to think some phrases that have a heavy sense of self to them and then observe the sensations associated with those thoughts. 
thumbnail
Jehanne S Peacock, modified 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 9:08 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 5/31/18 9:08 AM

What is happening in this moment:

On this topic i'm reminded of a Kim Katami guided meditation and one of the instructions was to think some phrases that have a heavy sense of self to them and then observe the sensations associated with those thoughts. 
This was my initial though aswell! In the two part formula of Open Heart the basic idea is to look at these reinforced I-feelings (and also importantly to compare and contrast those observations to the I-less mode, which is obtained in a similar manner as OP described). I read also Nikolai's link, the observations therein where also familiar sounding!