Coming Off Retreat After New Insight

thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 15 Years ago at 2/13/09 5:27 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 2/13/09 5:27 PM

Coming Off Retreat After New Insight

Author: ccasey
Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I hope this thread can serve as a place for folks to share what they learned and how they take care of themselves after new insights are coming in full blast when coming off retreat.

For me, after retreat, the mind and body was going through volatile states, the yogi mind was still quite active for months. It took about three and a half months before I noticed a shift, a calming down and being more in tune with the way I usually like to be.

I know all I want is peace, harmony and playfulness in everyday life; to just be, and enjoy folks as they are.

For my upcoming month long retreat, I set my ticket to come home immediately after the retreat. I made arrangements with clients, friends and family--letting them know I’m not available for several weeks after the retreat. I know I’ll be sensitive and want to stay away from conflicts.

I’ll be home, in a familiar environment, and around for my immediate family, but keeping things very simple: not starting on any new major projects, not having any in depth conversations, no big outings, not much stimulus. I’ll be spending more time with my hand tools, work, cleaning the house and yard, grounding with walks and baths, engaging with my artwork, playing with my dog, and just being. Doing these things helped me tremendously when I finally arrived home from my previous retreat in Malaysia and continue to help me now.

I thought that if I sat more it would help. But it kicked my ass and pushed me harder than ever onto another whole new path, making it even tougher to negotiate relationships.

I ask for your blessings as I prepare to go on retreat again soon. And, I wish the best for you all.
beta wave, modified 15 Years ago at 2/13/09 11:40 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 2/13/09 11:40 PM

RE: Coming Off Retreat After New Insight

Sounds like you are being very responsible for yourself and your potential new insights! Good luck!!
thumbnail
Gozen M L, modified 15 Years ago at 2/14/09 2:02 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 2/14/09 2:02 PM

Best wishes for a fruitful retreat and a smooth re-entry!

Gozen
thumbnail
Lee G Moore, modified 15 Years ago at 2/14/09 6:16 PM
Created 15 Years ago at 2/14/09 6:16 PM

Dear Constance,

I offer heartfelt congratulations on entering the stream. I wish you well in your efforts to continue stabilizing and integrating and I hope you have an amazing retreat at Spirit Rock with Vince. Best of luck in picking up another path.

And thanks again for all your support and encouragement in my own practice.

Warmest Regards,
Lee

Breadcrumb