Goenka 3 or 2 day course instructions available online?

Daniel Jones, modified 5 Years ago at 6/11/18 10:35 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 6/11/18 10:32 PM

Goenka 3 or 2 day course instructions available online?

Hi Everyone,

I remember at last 10 day in Goenka tradition seeing a USB available that (if I recall correctly) had the 3 day & 10 day instructions on it. I can find the dicourses and the morning chanting online, but not the 3 day instructions. I would like to sit a 3 day at home, and I find the structure of listening to the instructions helpful. I was wondering if anybody could provide a link to where I can find the audio for the 3 day or 10 day online? Please respect the wishes of the course that someone first attend a 10 day course in person in this tradition before having access to these (I can give old student password) (I can imagine what could go wrong if people started sitting 10 days at home alone and then got caught in some problem day 5 or 6 and not hearing from a teacher the way this particular technique deals with that & rather thinking it was the technique or something rather). For me I can visit centre if something goes wrong and I live near by, it's just I wish, if 3 or 4 days become free, have the option to add to the momentum of my practice to sit at home,

Kind regards,

Daniel
Billy, modified 5 Years ago at 6/12/18 4:07 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 6/12/18 4:07 PM

RE: Goenka 3 or 2 day course instructions available online?

Daniel Jones, modified 5 Years ago at 6/12/18 8:25 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 6/12/18 8:25 PM

Thanks Billy, Yes, they are the ones I am aware of (and their also in the old student app) & so good emoticon But I was wondering if there was the audio from the full timetable available somewhere too? 
thumbnail
Heiliges Basilikum, modified 5 Years ago at 6/13/18 2:08 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 6/13/18 2:08 PM

The full audio instructions from some of the Vipassana courses are something that I had wished for before as well. To that end I too bought the USB thumb-drive with lots of good teachings on it. One of my favorites that is included is a 1960s dhamma talk given by Sayagyi U Ba Khin. An excellent overview worth listening to multiple times.

As far as the thumb-drive containing course content, well pretty much only the discourses are included.

I believe the audio files (other than the discourses) are considered precious IP (intellectual property) and only those who are authorized to teach have access to them. If you check the site https://www.dhamma.org/ you can find 3-day courses that are held occasionally.
Daniel Jones, modified 5 Years ago at 6/14/18 12:01 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 6/14/18 12:01 AM

Thanks Heiliges, so I think I must have misunderstood the contents of the USB. I think it's the case the instructions throughout the day during a course, and the various group sits are unavailable then, thankyou. 

Daniel 

Breadcrumb