More fun AF questions

thumbnail
Seth Ananda, modified 13 Years ago at 8/22/10 8:32 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/22/10 8:32 PM

More fun AF questions

Hi everyone emoticon

I have started the AF thing and have some questions...

First, am I doing it 'right'???

Here is what I am doing:

I look for any not happy feelings, follow them back to when they arose, take note of Wether they are more mentally generated or more biologically sourced.
Then I think about just before it arose/or the memory of being happy before the arising took place.
Then I hold both those places within my awareness, and ask my self why I am letting - say my minds Issues- ruin my only present moment? and inevitably the arising starts to look very silly.

Last night I sat and did this with some financial anxiety. I could not think of a happy moment at the time but it was easy to think of the moment before the arising and its 'freedom' from that arising... and I was feeling centred enough to be able hold both states together in my attention with great clarity.
Then after sitting with the feeling of the Silliness of letting my mind 'ruin' my moment with anxiety, I had a very strange tickly feeling in my solar plexus (anxiety region) and brain, a bit like wanting to cry and warm bubbly laughter, but only for about 7-8 seconds and then the anxiety was just Gone.
It was weird. It felt a bit like I have some 'master controller' in my brain that listened to my process, saw the silliness of the anxiety, and said "OK, we are not doing that any more!"

The next thing that happened was that in the place of the anxiety 5 or 6 new emotions rushed in to fill the void, or to be viewed. Either way visitors interrupted so I didn't get to explore further that evening.

How am I going so far?

My other questions are (I know i should probably read Richards website, but its a pain of a site and I learn better through conversation anyway):

In AF, what happens to Sexual performance abilities? I heard that desire dissipates but how far does that go? I can Imagine that it could also even Improve ones abilities but I would like to hear for myself...

When they say Imagination stops, what does this mean? do you dream still? can you visualise? what about moments of Inspiration gained through imagination process's?

Chi sensitivity? Does it Increase or disappear or neither? I can use my chi to heat up my body, to vastly increase my or others healing process's and any number of other fun things.

What about the 'sense' of spiritual connection and the range of weird psychic experiences that often accompany that conection?
I have no Interest in beliefs, but Richard sounds like he is trying to recruit Richard Dwarkins with his 'Anti' spiritual flavour.
Could This be his compassionate service to humanity, providing skeptics and athiests with a 'Tradition' that produces massive results and is also entirely materialistic, and probably has Zero in it to offend any other religious set of views?

So what happens to the beliefs you carry? Does AF 'make' you Not believe in any possible expansion beyond the physical?

also in one of the other threads here on AF, in a conversation between Aman someone, and someone else who claims AF, trent i think, the AF person seemed to get annoyed (could be my projection of course) at Amans conversational tone and threatened to not reply to any more of Aman's assertions. What is this? Is it subtle irritability in the face of obstinance? Is it just giving up on a conversation thats going nowhere? I have met teachers who will converse day and night with the most stubborn Intellectuals without ever growing frustrated...

What happens to sence of Humor?

Thats probably enough anyway, Thanks, and I look forward to your reply's.
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 13 Years ago at 8/23/10 7:35 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/23/10 7:32 AM

RE: More fun AF questions

Seth - I have no Interest in beliefs, but Richard sounds like he is trying to recruit Richard Dwarkins with his 'Anti' spiritual flavour.
also in one of the other threads here on AF, in a conversation between Aman someone, and someone else who claims AF, trent i think, the AF person seemed to get annoyed (could be my projection of course) at Amans conversational tone and threatened to not reply to any more of Aman's assertions. What is this?

Jeff - Looking at how we react to other people can reveal ourselves and reveal human nature. See how these feelings are caused not by what is written but by your programming.
thumbnail
Seth Ananda, modified 13 Years ago at 8/25/10 6:32 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/25/10 6:32 PM

RE: More fun AF questions

Thanks Jeff, but I have specific questions I would love to hear replys to as well.

Anyone got anything on these questions?