Future Rob Burbea resources

Mark, modified 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 6:43 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 6:43 AM

Future Rob Burbea resources

Hi everyone,

Just thought to mention a couple projects I'm working on around Rob Burbea's teachings. I know he has been discussed on here, and his book Seeing That Frees, so thought some of you might be interested to hear what's in the pipeline, or even to help out with it.

First off I'm looking to put verbatim transcriptions of all his 400+ talks into a database and make a super funky search function, probably on robburbea.com, so that people can find exactly what they're after and navigate through his teachings in whatever ways feel most useful and intuitive, rather than just staring down hundreds of talks on Dharma Seed with only their titles to go by. I'm keen to make this a community project in different ways, starting with the transcription process, so I've set up a spreadsheet that gives some details about getting involved, if you fancy transcribing a talk or two: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G2CAhgSbFeZUnZvU139vNcVZrtQFKUjsVpjCcHd_Lss/edit?usp=sharing

The other project is taking around half of these transcriptions and editing them into nice readable prose, publishing perhaps a dozen or so themed collections. I've been through the list of talks with Rob and we've a good idea of how that might look. If anyone fancies themselves as an editor let me know - there's nothing right this minute needing doing, but there will be soon emoticon

That's it - feel free to email me if any of this interests you.

Yours in this crazy magnificent Dharma,
Mark
mark@robburbea.com
thumbnail
Laurel Carrington, modified 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 11:17 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 11:17 AM

RE: Future Rob Burbea resources

Thank you for posting this update. As it happens, I’ve been listening to some of Rob’s talks on Dharma Seed (just now, in fact!). So I’ll be emailing you directly.

In the meantime, Daniel Thomson just published an article about Rob’s work on Medium (https://medium.com/@danielthorson/a-spiritual-paradigm-for-the-infinite-game-f43010f08819). It’s rekindled my own interest. Thanks again.
Alice S, modified 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 3:03 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 3:03 PM

Hi Laurel!  Have you read the book? It’s on my list but maybe I should move it up? Thanks! 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 3:48 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 3:48 PM

"Seeing That Frees" by Rob Burbea is one of the best dharma books available. I suggest it be at the top of everyone's list, right next to MCTB2.

emoticon
Alice S, modified 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 4:23 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 7/25/18 4:23 PM

And up on the list it goes!  Thanks, Chris! 

Breadcrumb