Joseph Goldstein, Sam Harris AMA

Alice S, modified 5 Years ago at 8/14/18 11:07 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/14/18 10:56 AM

Joseph Goldstein, Sam Harris AMA

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this, so forgive me if it’s not.  

I’ve noticed several mental health questions/posts and thought this AMA podcast might be helpful.  It’s currently subscriber only content from SamHarris.org, but I’m sure will be likely available somewhere else soon. 

One  of the first questions they address is meditation and trauma.  Joseph offers the advice not to continue noting or intensive practice, but intstead to titrate your practice to a tolerable level.  Walk, read, etc in between sits, especially on retreat.  There’s more, but that’s the gist of it.  I haven’t listened to all of it, but it looked like there might be some other helpful content, too. 

Not that I think this advice is anything new or unusual.  More that I know different people are able to hear things when they are articulated differently.  If you are a subscriber and need some help with this topic, give it a listen.  If you aren’t a subscriber, watch for it soon on YouTube or other media.  
Peter S, modified 5 Years ago at 8/17/18 9:00 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/17/18 9:00 AM

RE: Joseph Goldstein, Sam Harris AMA

Hi

Do you have a link for the podcast? I can't find it on Sam's usual podcasts...
Alice S, modified 5 Years ago at 8/18/18 11:47 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/18/18 11:47 AM

Hi Peter,

It’s currently subscriber only content.  If you go to the site and make even a small ($5) one time donation, I believe you can get access to all the subscriber content, past and future.  
thumbnail
Eric G, modified 5 Years ago at 8/20/18 10:45 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/20/18 10:45 AM

minimum $2/month subscription although I guess you could cancel.

Breadcrumb