Pingala burned me up

Headon, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:29 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:29 AM

Pingala burned me up

Hey, I’m not sure if this is the right part of the forum to put this up but.

It seems like my energy have burned me up by going up the wrong channel.
I don’t know when it started out but when it did I was stupid enough believing it was part of the process. At first their were some small burning sensations, but after some time when energy started becomming more intense I felt something was wrong.
I believe now that my pineal gland etc have more or less burned up. Have hard time sleeping and I had 3 days in a row where I felt how the pineal diminished.
I’m not sure what to do now, can’t go to the doctor asking them if they can check my pineal, if they see its gone I will be the next sci-fi project.

I believe the best I can do now is to raise awareness on how this can happen and research on what to do, should have read on pranayama bit earlier.. The thing is that it could happen since I dissociate quite havily, someone fully aware would certainly notice its hard influence early on and make more wise choises around it.

This is not a troll post or that I’m insane. I’m looking for somesmart advice on what to do. Grounding and pranayama I’m currently doing...

Thanks
Headon, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:34 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:32 AM

RE: Pingala burned me up

Edit: read how people have lived functioning without pineal, my concern is though that I can’t be aware anymore about spiritual things as it seems
Chris, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:45 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:45 AM

Preliminary question: Have you practiced Vajrayana before, and/or are you familiar with the central channel?  Can you open up just a little more about your path, your concentration levels, and any attainments?
Headon, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 8:00 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:59 AM

I haven’t.
My history in short is lot of self inquiry. Then some concentration, headed over to choiceless awareness where I later had a kundalini awakening. Didn’t do much more practice than choiceless awareness. Yes aware of the central channel, think bit of the energy is moving there but stil lot through the pingala
thumbnail
Andromeda, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 8:25 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 8:25 AM

Certain types of pranayama can cause really whacky energetic phenomena. Can you tell us more about the specifics of what you've been doing?

In general, I would say that if weird energetic stuff is giving you trouble then it's time to lay off practice and do "normal" stuff like take a walk, get some exercise, eat comfort food, watch a movie, etc. Whatever grounds you and chills you out. 
Headon, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 9:37 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 9:37 AM

Andromeda:
Certain types of pranayama can cause really whacky energetic phenomena. Can you tell us more about the specifics of what you've been doing?

In general, I would say that if weird energetic stuff is giving you trouble then it's time to lay off practice and do "normal" stuff like take a walk, get some exercise, eat comfort food, watch a movie, etc. Whatever grounds you and chills you out. 
Not many techniques at all, tried to reach jhana which been allot of nostril breathing with not much sucess, that’s what may have been keeping pingala that active..

Will try that but at same time want to solve pingala issue. Bit afraid what might happen if pituitary gland burns out..
Chris, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 9:52 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 9:52 AM

The safest way forward, for your case or anyone else suffering from the so called Wind sickness, is to step back from your practices for a while.

I don't know you, so I will just shoot off into the darkness:

-Jhana practice should never be practiced with a great effort, lest we create painful tension.  Be gentle with yourself.  You might try some open-eye deep breathing, and focusing on the tingling skin on your arms or bare hands.  Essentially, any part of your body not currently suffering from nerve tension.
-Stretching is sometimes forbidden for certain meditators because they will reduce tension, which some meditators rely on for their practice.  But for this very reason we can infer that stretching can be useful when we want to reduce a blocked nerve.  Nerves in your head might be difficult to stretch since there aren't so many moving parts, but try some yoga practices that deal specifically with the neck.  Gentle rolling circles, come to mind.
-If you have previously discovered your central channel, and know how it flows, you could gently attempt to gather your attention at your forehead, barely and gently lighting up your third eye, then moving along your crown and the back of your spine. Go slowly, but then speed up if you want or are able to, as you travel down the central channel passing the neck, heart, and down into your stomach.  Repeat this a number of times to see if you can carry along some of the blocked tension.
Matthew, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 11:05 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 11:05 AM

Chris:
-If you have previously discovered your central channel, and know how it flows, you could gently attempt to gather your attention at your forehead, barely and gently lighting up your third eye, then moving along your crown and the back of your spine. Go slowly, but then speed up if you want or are able to, as you travel down the central channel passing the neck, heart, and down into your stomach.  Repeat this a number of times to see if you can carry along some of the blocked tension.

Energy in the microcosmic orbit flows downward along the front of the body, so trying to move energy down the back of your spine isn’t advisable.

I recommend that you contact Tara Springett, a Buddhist kundalini expert. She helps people with symptoms like yours and is apparently quite successful. Here’s her page for kundalini assistance: http://www.taraspringett.com/sessions/kundalini-healing/

My understanding is that pingala activation can be more serious in terms of discomfort than activation of the central channel, so you may want to contact Tara sooner rather than later. In the meantime you can hold off on practicing meditation.

Keshin lu, modified 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:02 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/21/18 7:02 PM

Hi Headon

i had this experience long time ago. I was a ball of fire. The heat energy move up the spine then circle back down front wise. This goes on till I nearly pass out. I seen no after effects. I still believe it’s a cleansing system because not long afterwards I started getting tingling sensations up to the crown.

as for not sleeping. I don’t sleep much either. Just be aware how efficient and sharp are you during the day.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 5 Years ago at 8/22/18 11:47 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/22/18 11:47 PM

Meditation stages won't make your pineal gland or any other gland just vanish or burn up, so let go of those stories, as they are just stories.

That said, by far the most common stage when people start getting interested in Kundalini phenomena, theory, energy, Taoism, and all of that sort of stuff is a stage called the A&P, aka the Arising and Passing Away, 4th ñana, 2nd vipassana jhana, etc. It is followed by some dark stages for many, so it is common to believe that the Kundalini process has gone wrong or hurt something, when, instead, it is just how the stages of insight typically unfold with stories added onto that. Best to learn about the stages of insight, the normal progression, and apply standard balanced meditation advice gently and with caring for yourself.

Best wishes!

Daniel
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 5 Years ago at 8/23/18 4:35 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/23/18 4:35 PM

Breadcrumb