An experience with the Witness

thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 14 Years ago at 6/7/09 11:43 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/7/09 11:43 PM

An experience with the Witness

Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I'd like to share an experience from a couple of weeks back, I read a thread where Tarin empthasised following the breath all the way to the bottom. At different times in the past I have done this but recently had been playing with switching my focus from the cricket sound back to breath and then to touch at different speeds and spending too much time on expecting something happen.
I was going through one of those periods where I was getting bored with meditation although absorption and focus was no problems. I remembered what Tarin had mentioned about the breath so I switched to following the breath all the way through.
At some point I felt myself slip a little (at the bottom of the breath) but returned to the breath and then my self fell away completely with a sudden drop (at the same time an image flashed in my mind of me falling off a tower) momentarily leaving behind the observer only or awareness only. At the time it occured to me that you can do with the witness at some level (and this is what people were doing when they managed to access psychic phenomena).
Trent S H, modified 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 2:20 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 2:20 PM

RE: An experience with the Witness

Sup Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Of course I would need a ton more info to actually verify something like this, but that sounds a lot like a high concentration fruition. Would that surprise you or have you hopped in the stream already? Provide more details if you want and maybe we can dig at the experience a bit more. Cool nonetheless.

Trent
thumbnail
tarin greco, modified 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 2:39 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 2:39 PM

yeah i wondered the same thing actually (sounds good, lot more info neeed) but didnt want to say anything. but well, since jeff did put it out there, seems like we might as well talk about it openly. your call jeff?
thumbnail
Jackson Wilshire, modified 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 3:24 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/8/09 3:24 PM

I guess that makes three of us. Saying that the self, "fell away completely with a sudden drop" could be the give away.

Hey Jeff, would you mind telling us more about this sudden drop?

Also, has it happened again? Let us know if/when it does.

Jackson
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 14 Years ago at 6/9/09 2:08 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/9/09 2:08 AM

edit
thumbnail
Jeff Grove, modified 14 Years ago at 6/9/09 2:10 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/9/09 2:10 AM

edit