Happiness

thumbnail
Pål S, modified 13 Years ago at 8/28/10 4:54 PM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/28/10 4:54 PM

Happiness

Most people seems to be looking for happiness in one way or another. I know a lot of spiritual seekers are looking for happiness and not so much 'truth', or perhaps they are looking for truth to achieve happiness? So how can one get there? The reason I'm writing this is because in my more naive in idealistic moments I think: "Why can't we all just be happy?". With that question in mind I ask: From a spiritual point of view; what brings you the most happiness?
thumbnail
Ian And, modified 13 Years ago at 8/29/10 12:32 AM
Created 13 Years ago at 8/29/10 12:32 AM

RE: Happiness

P O V:
Most people seems to be looking for happiness in one way or another. I know a lot of spiritual seekers are looking for happiness and not so much 'truth', or perhaps they are looking for truth to achieve happiness? So how can one get there?

Depends on how one defines happiness. From the viewpoint of Buddhadhamma, one might observe that happiness can arise out of the cessation of dukkha. How to get there? Follow the yellow brick road: the noble eightfold path.

P O V:

The reason I'm writing this is because in my more naive in idealistic moments I think: "Why can't we all just be happy?" With that question in mind I ask: From a spiritual point of view; what brings you the most happiness?

The cessation of ignorance. And continuing mindfulness.