Counting divine abodes

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 3:39 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 3:39 PM

Counting divine abodes

When brahmavijaras are counted(notice passive voice), sense realm joy or love. Or compassion, peace is also counted. You can ignore it [the sense realm b.v.s] if you are a stream winner but eventually...well you'll see

For joy try a meditation on dementia if it is affecting someone you love. Enter into compassion if it feels like love is running out. This is my cutting edge
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 4:15 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 4:15 PM

RE: Counting divine abodes

Sleeping Buddha Syndrome:
For joy try a meditation on dementia if it is affecting someone you love. Enter into compassion if it feels like love is running out. This is my cutting edge

ALso, I am about to start as a advocate on a disabilities board. Please don't take my words out of context. I am not and never will be a doctor. I am simply a crazy guy posting weird stuff, at least that is how it seems sometimes. I have a open mind, and have lost pretty much every non-family friend I know. Totally worth it though. I do centering prayer..it was a post-dharma "winner" possibility and it works well for picking the low-hanging fruit also known as receiving grace through mistakes.

I also love Irish Music that isn't watered down, and I even like the watered down stuff some.
thumbnail
Bismuth, modified 3 Years ago at 9/1/20 11:28 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 4:41 PM

POST DELETED DUE TO POSSIBLY OFFENSIVE CONTENT
~ DhO self moderation
thumbnail
JohnM, modified 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 10:49 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/28/18 10:32 PM

I've lived most of my adult life in Japan, where non-verbal communication often trumps words as an effective way to bond. When my mother was in the final stages of Alzheimer's (and a few months from death - my final days with her during a visit from Japan), she would get upset with many family members uncomfortable with "presence" over "content." We had the same three-sentence verbal exchange for hours (she kept forgetting we'd had it) in between long, loving silences. One of the most beautiful conversations I've ever had with her. (She was a master communicator before she became ill - the only person I knew who kissed the Blarney Stone to help recharge its power - "in case it needs topping up" were her exact words.)

So lovingkindness and compassion as an Alzheimer strategy is definitely a plus from the perspective of this loved one.