Link between 2 people

oliver tristan huck, modified 5 Years ago at 8/30/18 11:53 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/30/18 11:53 AM

Link between 2 people

Hi there,
I am coming to this forum because i really see the need to have some serious yogis to ask about some complications in my practice.
Here is the first one:
I recently went back to stay with my parents and my brother. My brother is also into some kind of meditation but not buddhism. It seems like me and my brother have a telepathic link, our minds are somehow connected, in the beginning it was very interesting because we could share our skills and teach each other things that we have discovered but now it became very annoying because the link now exists out of attachment. My question: is there people that have experience with such kinds of things? The link is at the 3rd eye or  through bodily energy. How can we detach? Why does things like this happen? Somethimes it is like we are solving problems for each other, at other times we give away our defilements and wrong views to the other person so he has to deal with it  and it seems like there is a constant going back and forth in between us. And it is really difficult to stop it.

Thanks for advice
Oliver
JP, modified 5 Years ago at 8/31/18 10:03 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/31/18 10:03 AM

RE: Link between 2 people

If you haven't read the autobiographical section of MCTB2 yet, you might find it very helpful.  It has a lot of heartfelt guidance for how to work with the powers thoughtfully and ethically, and may be helpful for both normalizing your experiences and giving you confidence that you can eventually work through it. 

Somethimes it is like we are solving problems for each other, at other times we give away our defilements and wrong views to the other person so he has to deal with it  and it seems like there is a constant going back and forth in between us. And it is really difficult to stop it. 
While the magickal aspect of this is unusual, it may be helpful to acknowledge that this basic dynamic will be at work in any close relationship we have.  The people closest to us will trigger us again and again, even when we've done nothing to provoke it -- but sometimes they'll be there for us when we least expect it too.  It can be helpful to view being triggered as an opportunity on many fronts -- sometimes it's an opportunity to see our own shadow sides that we'd otherwise ignore, sometimes it's an opportunity to cultivate compassion, sometimes you'll get a close look at the sensations involved in being triggered.  Even building better communication skills and setting healthy boundaries can help. 

Could you say a little bit more about your practice history, what's been going on in your sits, and what your beliefs about supernatural events were before this all got started?  There's a range of beliefs on this forum about whether whether extraordinary experiences require supernatural causes, and you may get more helpful responses if we know whether you're more interested in "How could this be consistent with modern science?" versus "What is the supernatural cause of this event?".

I hope stuff goes well and that you get some feedback on the magickal side of this too. 

thumbnail
Bismuth, modified 3 Years ago at 9/1/20 11:28 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 8/31/18 3:16 PM

RE: Link between 2 people

POST DELETED DUE TO POSSIBLY OFFENSIVE CONTENT
~ DhO self moderation

Breadcrumb