Dharma Essay Competition 2018, Topic: Insight in Visuddhimagga

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 5 Years ago at 9/4/18 1:08 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 9/4/18 1:08 PM

So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna cherry-pick a good couple of quotes from the wisdom section in Visuddhimagga (Nanamoli's translation) and then compile them together in one document. And then I'm gonna extend an invitation to you:

Instead of just posting these quotes and us discussing them with each other I want you to write a short essay. Base your short essay on all of the quotes, on some of the quotes or on one of the quotes in the compilation. Then submit your essay as a separate post on this forum, with the title marked: "Essay '18: " + your title.

Then we're going to discuss those essays, but each one of us are not going to participate in discussions of essays we find disagreeable. We can of course use comparisions, but the point is that for each essay we participate in the discussion of we must take that essay's perspective as a given, as the ground for any further discussion of it.

If you don't like the sound of that, there is no need for you to comment and discuss that here. Just leave. Let people enjoy things.

Also, there is no competition. It just sounded right that way.
Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 5 Years ago at 9/4/18 1:09 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 9/4/18 1:09 PM

RE: Dharma Essay Competition 2018, Topic: Insight in Visuddhimagga

Reserved.

Breadcrumb