Need help securing a meditation visa for Burma through Malaysia

thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 6/15/09 3:13 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/15/09 3:13 AM

Need help securing a meditation visa for Burma through Malaysia

Author: martha.a
Forum: Dharma Overground Discussion Forum

I am currently in the process of trying to secure a meditation visa for Shwe Oo Min Meditation Center in Rangoon, Burma. I am living in Thailand and have plans to fly to Kuala Lumpur Malaysia at the end of this month. I already have a sponsorship letter from SOM. My problem is that I do not have a sponsorship letter from a Malaysian meditation center, as it is needed to finish the application. I hear these are rather hard to come by, being the centers do not like to issue letters to people they do not know. Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get one?
I am short on time to figure this out. Wanting to buy plane tickets in a day or two. Any ideas or advise is welcome.
Thank you kindly,
Martha
thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 6/15/09 4:59 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/15/09 4:59 AM

RE: Need help securing a meditation visa for Burma through Malaysia

Author: ccasey

Gavesini lives in SE Asia and may be able to help you with this. She hasn't been active on this WIKI in a while, but she is a good resource.
thumbnail
Wet Paint, modified 14 Years ago at 6/17/09 7:42 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 6/17/09 7:42 AM

RE: Need help securing a meditation visa for Burma through Malaysia

Author: martha.a

Thanks ccasey for the lead. I've looked into it, worth a try. These meditation visa are a bit tricky and challenging, but I feel confident that I secure one when I am in Kuala Lumpur. This is a time for creative diligence! Thank you again.

Breadcrumb