Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

yoni cohen, modified 5 Years ago at 10/8/18 1:04 PM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/8/18 1:04 PM

Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

Sometimes I have experiences while I meditate or doing simple tasks in life that I use no effort and still everything happens by itself without a sense of self.
Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself 100% of the time?
I can assume that it's possible while doing simple taskes (like cutting onions) but is it possible while doing complex tasks like thinking about hard problems/learning something new?
If it's really possible theoretically arhats could learn/work like crazy effortlessly..

The Tao Te Ching talks a lot about non-doing and non-action, is it similar to the buddhist enlightenment fruits?

Thank you very much emoticon
Keshin lu, modified 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 12:42 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 12:40 AM

RE: Does an arhat perceive reality like everything happens by itself?

Hi Gal

First bat : I’m not saying I’m arahant....

I live with this emptiness in my mind. It’s like having a blackhole where everything that comes into it, dissipate. Similarly, the worlds of emotions, thinking, memories happens around that blackhole. Yes, I don’t get angry or hurt or tired, but my body can feel all of that. There is a very define centre before, but now it’s fractal. It’s a permanent shift and not out of sun efforts.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 12:49 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 12:49 AM

Yes, 100%. The illusion of a separate, stable, independent self that is doing, controlling, knowing, or stabily being is utterly seen through. Everything happens by itself.
yoni cohen, modified 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 1:53 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 1:51 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
Yes, 100%. The illusion of a separate, stable, independent self that is doing, controlling, knowing, or stabily being is utterly seen through. Everything happens by itself.

So for example, can you impose the intention to read a complex book on mathematics for 8 hours and during these 8 hours the act of reading will be effortless? the effort sensation will arise? or when running a marathon for example, what can stop an arhat from continuing running? is the body will stop complying the mind intention to run eventually ?
yoni cohen, modified 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 1:52 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 1:52 AM

van lu:
Hi Gal

First bat : I’m not saying I’m arahant....

I live with this emptiness in my mind. It’s like having a blackhole where everything that comes into it, dissipate. Similarly, the worlds of emotions, thinking, memories happens around that blackhole. Yes, I don’t get angry or hurt or tired, but my body can feel all of that. There is a very define centre before, but now it’s fractal. It’s a permanent shift and not out of sun efforts.

What do you mean by you don't get tired, can you clarify this point please?
Keshin lu, modified 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 3:03 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/9/18 3:03 AM

The body gets tired, exhausted, feel anger, feel love,  but the mind is still empty. The body is still a body. Only 2 intentions left, to keep this body running and to keep it running for the benefit of all. No other intentions exist.
J C, modified 5 Years ago at 10/16/18 4:55 AM
Created 5 Years ago at 10/16/18 4:55 AM

Gal Harth:
Daniel M. Ingram:

So for example, can you impose the intention to read a complex book on mathematics for 8 hours and during these 8 hours the act of reading will be effortless? the effort sensation will arise? or when running a marathon for example, what can stop an arhat from continuing running? is the body will stop complying the mind intention to run eventually ?

No, nothing changes, it's just correctly perceived as stuff just happening, like you're watching a movie, instead of seeming like you're choosing it or doing it. So sensations of fatigue, desire to quit, frustration, boredom, distraction, weakness of will, intentions to take a break, and so on still come up, and actions like quitting, losing concentration, not doing what you intended, rationalizing, and making excuses all still happen just like they did before.

Breadcrumb