The Cool Side of the Egg

thumbnail
Eric Alan Hansen, modified 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 4:42 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 4:42 PM

The Cool Side of the Egg

A certain species of warm climate birds tends to its eggs by rolling them in the nest, which allows uniform warming of the egg to happen. The reason given for why the bird does this is because the bird is cooling itself, sitting on the cool side of the egg.
Mike L, modified 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 11:56 PM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/9/09 11:56 PM

RE: The Cool Side of the Egg

I'm thinking: "... and ... ?" Then I see "... ยป *Zen*" at the top of the page. Bless DhO 2.0.

(balanced, steady, continuous?) progress via noticing the A&P (3 characteristics implied) of the cool side (sensations)?

[do not hit] ;-)
thumbnail
Emory Smith, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 1:12 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 1:12 AM

Eric Alan Hansen:
A certain species of warm climate birds tends to its eggs by rolling them in the nest, which allows uniform warming of the egg to happen. The reason given for why the bird does this is because the bird is cooling itself, sitting on the cool side of the egg.

what a coincidence ... thats exactly what i do with my zafu.

-emory
thumbnail
Eric Alan Hansen, modified 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 5:06 AM
Created 14 Years ago at 9/10/09 5:06 AM

Mike L: Oh are you thinking ida nadi? Well, yeah - the typical yogi charges right into where angels fear to tread - all that macho energy, get overloaded into the pingala right away. Then they write their story and leave that part out - haha

Cool Side of the Egg: It came from a book from Shambhala called "How to Cook Your Life" by Dogen & Uchiyama Roshi, one of the few Soto texts (besides Tassajara Bread Book) that I have taken to heart.

I think I read here at DhO that two of the most widely used koans are "Who Am I" and "What Is MInd" - now that is damn interesting

p e a c e

h a n s e n

Breadcrumb