Dogen on awakening (or high equanimity)

thumbnail
Ben V, modified 4 Years ago at 4/6/19 6:41 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/6/19 6:41 AM

Dogen on awakening (or high equanimity)

I received an invitation to a Jungian seminar on creative imagination, and the lecturer, on his seminar description, quotes this from Dogen:

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening." Dogen

I was stucked by the statement. I wondered wether the Jungian in question could understand this passage from Dogen if it is the case that he never experienced equanimity nana or higher. Of course, maybe he did. In any case, I find it a really nice passage from Dogen on emptiness of self.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 4 Years ago at 4/6/19 10:14 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/6/19 7:51 AM

RE: Dogen on awakening (or high equanimity)

Dogen's writing is full of very poetic and meaningful passages. I read parts of my copy of "Moon in a Dewdrop" all the time. Dogen may be the most articulate writer ever at expressing the ineffable-ness of existence.
thumbnail
terry, modified 4 Years ago at 4/8/19 9:42 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 4/8/19 9:42 PM

RE: Dogen on awakening (or high equanimity)

Chris Marti:
Dogen's writing is full of very poetic and meaningful passages. I read parts of my copy of "Moon in a Dewdrop" all the time. Dogen may be the most articulate writer ever at expressing the ineffable-ness of existence.

rumi

Breadcrumb