2 hrs a day fire kasina

thumbnail
Dustin, modified 4 Years ago at 9/4/19 1:41 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/4/19 1:41 PM

2 hrs a day fire kasina

Does anyone have any experience with 2 hours a day fire kasina practice. Getting good insights? Getting through the stages of insight? Using it as a solid 3c's type practice? I have been doing it for about a week and has been good but I'm not sure if it will be as useful as anything else I could be doing. Just trying to get a feel of what others here have experienced.
thumbnail
Shaun Steelgrave, modified 4 Years ago at 9/5/19 5:23 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/5/19 5:23 PM

RE: 2 hrs a day fire kasina

I've been doing an hour before bed on top of 3-4 hours of insight meditation earlier in the day.

I'm using yellow disk on black field and candle flame, depending on whichever I feel like at the time.

It's been rough going. I'll get some scintillating colors but progress goes up and down constantly, seemingly unreliable.

This appears like something you really have to put a lot of acute hours into.

That being said, I've seen the richest poppy red, and a aquamarine blue i've ever witnessed.

And have had a couple dreams go into utlra HD too.

So, something seems to be going on with just 1 hour a day.

GL
thumbnail
Dustin, modified 4 Years ago at 9/5/19 7:09 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 9/5/19 7:09 PM

I haven’t tried it long and the progress thing seems to be up and down daily but I can also run from things without really checking them out sometimes because they don’t give enough bang for the buck in my time frame. I have gotten some nice colors and one HD dream which was cool and weird. Anyway thanks for the input. Kudos on three to four hours a day practice. 
Matthew Jon Rousseau, modified 4 Years ago at 11/20/19 6:45 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 11/20/19 6:45 PM

Dustin.  I'm havi g a hard time trying g to figure out how to pm you.       I was curious.   Have you reached  any of the nanas on the vipasana stages  doing mahasi style meditation 

Breadcrumb