Auckland, New Zealand

thumbnail
Hac Phi^2 Vita, modified 4 Years ago at 1/16/20 7:03 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/16/20 7:01 PM

Auckland, New Zealand

Hey there you lovely people,

I'm PhiPhi, a Swede who has been living in Auckland for the last 9 years or so. I am looking to get in touch with any and all people anywhere in the general area (all of New Zealand would fall under that category I guess) interested in hard core meditation practice.

I have been curious about meditaiton and related things for most of my life, but didn't manage to establish anything like a stabel meditation practice until about a year and a half ago. Since then my practice, largely inspired by MCTB and the writings of Mahasi Sayadaw, has been ever deepening to a point where for the last 8 months I have been practicng Vipassana mediation for about 1.5-2.5 hours a day. 

I have been looking around for some form of local meditation teacher that might fit with my practice structure and goals, without success, so have now resorted to trying to find someone overseas willing to take me on. However, I would still love to find some local dharma friends to discuss experiences, and compare notes and understanding with.

Looking forward to finding my sangha!
Dan Jones, modified 4 Years ago at 1/16/20 9:28 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/16/20 9:20 PM

RE: Auckland, New Zealand

thumbnail
Not two, not one, modified 4 Years ago at 1/17/20 12:14 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/17/20 12:14 AM

Kia Ora Phi^2.  I live in Titirangi, so PM me on the message tab if you would like to catch up for a coffee and a chat.

Malcolm
thumbnail
Hac Phi^2 Vita, modified 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 11:30 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 11:30 PM

Hi Dan, Thanks for the links, much appreciated. I have looked into a few of the groups behind those links already, and they haven't really been right for what I am currently looking for, but will make sure to look into the rest as well!
thumbnail
Hac Phi^2 Vita, modified 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 11:32 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/18/20 11:32 PM

Thank you so much for responding Malcolm.

What an excellent catch up, with so much valueable input! Really excited to get working on some of the things we chatted about.

Looking forward to catching up soon again.
thumbnail
Not two, not one, modified 4 Years ago at 1/19/20 2:45 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 1/19/20 2:45 AM

Hey, my pleasure PhiPhi.  Great to meet you both and even better to talk about the Dharma.  Drop me a line when you want to catch up again.  Practice well!

Malcolm