Created 4 Years ago at 3/13/20 4:00 PM

Parallel Worlds Probably Exist

Maybe you Fire Kasina folks might crack this one emoticon  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXTPe3wahc
thumbnail
Mikhail Zybin, modified 4 Years ago at 3/14/20 3:08 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/14/20 3:08 PM

RE: Parallel Worlds Probably Exist

Astrophysicist Max Tegmark has a lot of material about levels of Multiverse on his website
Anna L, modified 4 Years ago at 3/15/20 5:37 PM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/15/20 5:37 PM

Papa Che Dusko:
Maybe you Fire Kasina folks might crack this one emoticon  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTXTPe3wahc

Maybe the Dot is a portal to parallel worlds! emoticon emoticon 
thumbnail
Lewis James, modified 4 Years ago at 3/17/20 6:10 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/17/20 6:10 AM

I love this channel, along with PBS Spacetime[1]. Pure hard science, but it's hard not to see the parallels to the contemplative traditions.

What it suggests to me is that our experiences only appear to be time-bound by our perceptions; whatever is "out there" beyond the senses (postulating that there is anything...) it's more like a highly dimensional object that contains possibilities, and our senses are one way of traversing the nodes of that object. Your current experience is because of past actions that make it more likely you're perceiving this 'self' than another 'self' on a different path. The path of liberation is then optimising so that you make it more and more likely that you will have the conscious perception of the 'awakening' parallel reality than not. 

Of course, then you add in not-self and the whole thing falls apart... Theoretically and perceptually emoticon

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7_gcs09iThXybpVgjHZ_7g
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 4 Years ago at 3/18/20 11:34 AM
Created 4 Years ago at 3/18/20 11:34 AM

I have no clue really emoticon I'm not at all intellectual nor scientistific or even philosophical. I would be an artist mind that can express much easier with abstract paintings or music. 

All this talking and describing of meditative experience is hard for me. Maybe that's why I prefer the matter of fact simple, sensation by sensation noting/noticing. 

still I do enjoy such ideas and science that shake up the usual view. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:06 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:06 PM

Uh oh, this is a good one! I might even see the rest of these vids! (serious and very funny too)

What is Reality? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ztlIAYTCU

thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:36 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:35 PM

Um, yeah. Here's a piece of writing from the introduction section of that organization's website (warning, read this with caution as the words may cause any manner of freakouts and mental dislocations):

A quasicrystal is a projection of a higher dimensional crystal slice to a lower dimension via an irrational angle. Sequential projections of different translations or rotations of the projection window generate phason dynamic quasiparticle interaction patterns in the graph-drawing space – the projective space. Because standard models of particle physics gauge symmetry unification equations map to the root vectors of higher dimensional Lie algebras and their associated Lie lattices, we use the largest exceptional Lie group, E8, as our hyper-lattice/algebra (hyper-crystal). Using non-crystallographic Coxeter-Dynkin diagram folding matrices, we can map our quasicrystal dynamics to physically realistic gauge symmetry equations of the standard model. Gravity is quantized and explained in our framework in a novel way.
thumbnail
Stirling Campbell, modified 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:47 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/8/20 3:47 PM

I'm almost like totally positive that a scientific theory with a finite number of variables is defintely going to explain how the universe really works any day now. We are definitely right on the cusp of this understanding. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 4:55 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 4:55 AM

(warning, read this with caution as the words may cause any manner of freakouts and mental dislocations):

Yeah its so similar to insight meditation emoticon all manner of freakouts and mental dislocations emoticon emoticon emoticon 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 7:00 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 7:00 AM

Tim Farrington, modified 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 7:11 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 4/9/20 7:11 AM

Stirling Campbell:
I'm almost like totally positive that a scientific theory with a finite number of variables is defintely going to explain how the universe really works any day now. We are definitely right on the cusp of this understanding. 

Hell yes, and i'm all over it like a fly on shit. It's my next novel, which exists now as a bunch of notes on altered states, meditation, topology, string theory, and quantum gravity, and sits there in an innocent little manila folder labeled "time travel story." I actually wrote several drafts several years ago and never got further back than weaving information theory code into the Bayeux Tapestry or further forward than a post-comet-strike earth 500 years in the future, in which the meek are due to inherit despite the prevailing dystopia. But 'nuff said. A wink will due for the likes of us. Chris is right, this is crazy shit. But i love this crazy shit, i've been working my ass off to get my quasicrystal hyper-lattice algbra up to speed in the right Lie groups, and that tip on using the non-crystallographic Coxeter-Dynkin diagram folding matrices is incredibly helpful, i was stuck RIGHT AT THAT POINT.

Breadcrumb