Protection for the energetically sensitive?

Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 7:26 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/5/20 7:47 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 8:04 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Jim Smith 7/5/20 8:27 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 9:14 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Jim Smith 7/5/20 1:56 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 12:36 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 9:39 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Papa Che Dusko 7/5/20 9:09 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Chris M 7/5/20 9:14 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Jim Smith 7/5/20 11:06 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Papa Che Dusko 7/5/20 1:56 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Chris M 7/5/20 2:20 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 9:26 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Papa Che Dusko 7/5/20 1:49 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 3:41 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Ni Nurta 7/5/20 6:13 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/6/20 10:06 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Ni Nurta 7/6/20 10:49 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/7/20 8:32 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Ni Nurta 7/5/20 9:43 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 9:53 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Z . 7/5/20 12:44 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 12:38 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Z . 7/5/20 12:46 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 3:07 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Jason Massie 7/5/20 12:45 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 2:51 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Ben Sulsky 7/5/20 3:15 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 3:31 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 2:34 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/5/20 3:42 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 3:23 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/5/20 3:25 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/5/20 3:36 PM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/6/20 8:59 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/6/20 9:16 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/6/20 9:54 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/6/20 10:05 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/6/20 10:07 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Siavash ' 7/6/20 10:38 AM
RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive? Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö 7/7/20 8:35 AM
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 7:26 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 7:26 AM

Protection for the energetically sensitive?

Does anyone here know of any practice that works as a protective shield or strengthens the energetic field or something? Something that is serious and efficient? I'm a poor visualizer, so I mean apart from visualizing a shield. I know that ultimately energetic influences are empty, but so are diseases and starvation too and yet they affect us. I get drained very easily right now and also seem to absorb weird chaotic energies. I take yoga classes several days per week and make sure to do some exercises every day. I also know some beginner's qigong, which I should probably pick up again. I sometimes do guru yoga and chant warrior seed syllables. I should probably do that more often, because it seems to work. I have started to use prayer/setting intentions and I try to ground myself and work with the elements. What more can I do? My sensitivity seems to have increased and I'm not sure how to handle it. I pick up energies even from text communication now, to the extent of overwhelm. That's not very practical. 

Also, anyone else having similar difficulties right now? 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 7:47 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 7:47 AM

RE: Protection for the energetically sensitive?

What exactly you mean by picking up energies? you mean it makes you feel bad or causes unpleasant energetic manifestations?
It you mean makes you feel bad, I always have it, sometimes less strong sometimes more, in a way that it feels that most people have a feeling effect with themeselves, for instance being in presence of someone, gives restlessness, but another ones gives peace.

About energetics, I have a lot of pain related to it for quite a while. These days I am practicing with Rob Burbea's jhana retreat, and that's helpful. He knows this territory. But I am not sure that is what you mean.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 8:04 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 8:04 AM

Both, but not pain. More feeling like I'm going crazy and having the back of my head heat up and having a nausea swirling around, sort of. I have always picked up feelings that aren't mine, but this is going heywire. I get sick. It's so intense. 

I'm not surprised that you pick up feelings too. 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 8:27 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 8:23 AM

I get soothing energy from plants. Large ones like trees are best. Walking among trees, being bathed in soothing energy is hugely restorative if you open yourself to it..

You can draw energy from the earth or a higher plane too.

Instead of visualizing a shield visualize or imagine or think about energy coming into you and healing and restoring you.

I also think the internet disrupts energy because everything is connected to everything else, it is like a photon torpedo of crazy energy,  so it is always good to stay off the internet as much as possible - connect with nature instead, when possible. The entertainment industry is also a hazard - plots almost always involve people going through stress which causes stress for viewers/readers. There are some exceptions, some nature videos and some documentaries can be relaxing.

Relaxation exercises and samatha meditation never hurt either. The more relaxed and serene you are the better you are able to withstand bombardments of crazy energy.
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:09 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:09 AM

What did help me back in 2008-09 when I felt totally hopeless and filled with overwhelming negative energy was having an Obsidian stone on me all the time and cleansing it under running water in the morning and evening, washing away all the negative energies and sending them back to earth to be trasformed into energy of benefit to all beings. I would place the stone in the night time under my pillow. Again in the morning cleasing under running water and saying the words as above "washing away all the ... ... " 
In crystal healing Obsidian is known for being a powerful protection stone.

However this will not aid in Awakening. For that we have meditation. But it can aid in taming down whatever is taking place right now. Let the Obsidian uptake the unwanted energies which you cleanse every morning when you get up and evening before bed time.

May this be of great benefit to you and may it lead you back to the practice.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:14 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:14 AM

Whew - I thought for a second there Papa Che was gonna recommend doing verbal fast noting practice  emoticon
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:14 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:14 AM

Thanks Jim! I was hoping that you would reply. I don't know how to draw energy from a higher plane*, but I do draw energy from the earth. I find that nature that hasn't been disturbed by man works best. Unfortunately there is no nature reserve nearby, but there are rock formations that still have their glacial striations intact within walking distance, and that's next to a little forest too. Thanks for reminding me! I'll go there first thing after I've had some food. I'll both go to those rocks and take a walk in the woods. I feel like the woods and the ground are communicating with me, so it's ridiculous that I haven't already been out in the nature. That should be my first response to a situation like this. Bodies of water are usually very helpful too, but it's more tricky to get to a lake or to the sea when I feel like this, as I'm restricted to public transport (I don't have a driver's license and I don't even have a bike; I really should get a bike). 

Yes, the internet is crazy. You are right. I should take a break from it. It's difficult, though, as I need to be available for new jobs and I have most of my social life at a distance and most of my meditation resources are online, but breaks are of course possible. At least it feels good to have the feeling validated. It makes sense that it's a combination of all the energies connected that affects me. All the focus on networking in social media nowadays even for job searches (it's basically mandatory here) is so not good for people like us. 

I do relaxation exercises and shamatha with and without an object, but it feels like the concentration is tainted by unbalanced energies, so nature will be my first priority. Then I can do the meditation. 

Now I'll look into the site you linked to. Thanks again! I really needed the push to get out in the nature instead of searching for cures on the internet, lol, and I appreciate information about where I can learn more.

*) unless that's actually what I do in guru yoga and prayers. After all, prayers were effective for me as I grew up. They actually really fixed things, practically, and nowadays I use them to work with intentions and that makes me feel healthier. The effect is even visually detectable - I have witnesses. So maybe I do draw energy from a higher plane? I don't know. I haven't thought of it like that. Anyway, I'm also reading up on how to work with elements, and some of the practices involve spirits and deities. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:26 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:26 AM

Papa Che Dusko:
What did help me back in 2008-09 when I felt totally hopeless and filled with overwhelming negative energy was having an Obsidian stone on me all the time and cleansing it under running water in the morning and evening, washing away all the negative energies and sending them back to earth to be trasformed into energy of benefit to all beings. I would place the stone in the night time under my pillow. Again in the morning cleasing under running water and saying the words as above "washing away all the ... ... " 

However this will not aid in Awakening. For that we have meditation. But it can aid in taming down whatever is taking place right now. Let the Obsidian uptake the unwanted energies which you cleanse every morning when you get up and evening before bed time.

Thanks! I have been using my obsidian these days too, because it did help me some years ago when I was going through something similar. I didn't know that I was supposed to wash it, though. I heard that chrystals should be purified under the full moon. Water seems much easier. I have black thurmaline too. I thought I was the only one here, among all hardcore testosterone practicioners, that actually uses chrystals for some purposes. On the other hand, I know that Daniel uses props, so maybe not. He showed me one of his altars over video once, but I don't remember what was actually there besides from the wands and a very nicelooking purple-ish (?) table cloth.

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:39 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:39 AM

Wow, Jim, is that whole site yours? What a great resource! Thankyou!
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:43 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:43 AM

Shields and protective energetic fields drain energy, often more than dealing with any energies you would receive. Also these energetic fields would need to be properly designed to allow good energies through and if designing all inclusive fields is hard then knowing how to design fields which would somehow know all positive energies from negative energies is even harder and if done incorrectly you will end up feeling isolated from universe. Some energies tend to be misunderstood and then there are situations energy feels bad but it is just cry for help. Is it a good thing to not help someone in need? You will also appear to others as overly protective of yourself...

But for all it is worth visualizing energy fields is good visualization practice emoticon

Better than visualizing protection from energies is to redirect them to Nibbana. It is kinda like an absolute ground to which all energies can go to and in its infinite vastness find their peace. If unsure about direction of Nibbana then something else can be used instead.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:53 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 9:52 AM

I would be happy for something other than an actual shield. I would prefer to be strong enough to be present with people and help when applicable. I'm not looking for a way to get away from people in need, or other beings in need for that matter. I can assure you that I'm not being overprotective. I have been adviced by Daniel to take care of myself more. He recently helped me get through the worst of it. He saw how sick I was.

I appreciate the thought, though. I really do wish for all those energies to find peace. I'll use some of that in my prayers. 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 11:06 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 11:06 AM

Chris Marti:
Whew - I thought for a second there Papa Che was gonna recommend doing verbal fast noting practice  emoticon

A verbal fast is alway helpful.
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 1:56 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 11:08 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Thanks Jim! I was hoping that you would reply. I don't know how to draw energy from a higher plane*,

You draw energy from a higher plane by imagining it. In the physical realm we think that the imagination isn't real. But we are mental beings, spirits. In the mental realms the only tools that exist are mental tools. In those realms the imagination (thought) is what is used to manipulate and create the environment rather than physical tools and wood and bricks. In the mental realms the "imagination" is real.

(Yes that is my web site.)
Z , modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:44 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:28 PM

I really like Zhan Zhuang standing meditation as I feel it it is grounding as well as strengthing to my energetic and physical boundaries, this practice also pairs nicely with Qi Gong and I typically do the Eight Silk Brocades before a standing session. At times when practicing a lot and consistently, I have been able to feel an energy center about 12-18" below the surface of the earth. Connecting with this energy center grants a deep sense of groundedness and a feeling that other people and energies cannot mess with you on a deep level. I believe some systems call this the Earth Star (Barbara Brennan specifically), but I haven't read a whole lot about it. Feels good though! emoticon

It's particularly nice to do it outside, barefoot in front of a tree, if you can find an area without too much wind. 

I agree with Jim above about disconnecting from the internet as much as possible. This is easier said than done these days. For all the benefit the internet has brought us, it certainly seems to have unleashed and accelerated a dizzying emotional plague on much of the connected world. I have actually taken to locking my phone and computer away with a timed lock and found this to be helpful. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:36 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:36 PM

Right. Of course. I knew that in theory. I'm just not used to applying it when push comes to shove. Thankyou again!

By the way, your site was very helpful, especially your sharing of your own experiences, and your wordings helped me to find new resources as well. I'm really not crazy. Wow. I don't think it's just feelings I'm picking up. It's the spirits that are hovering around us. 

I'm out in the forest now. It has been raining and storming and sunny back and forth, so the elements are really alive. The scents are exquisite. I hugged a tall pine tree that smelled particularly good. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:38 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:38 PM

Zachary:
I really like Zhan Zhuang standing meditation as I feel it it is grounding as well as strengthing to my energetic and physical boundaries, this practice also pairs nicely with Qi Gong and I typically do the Eight Silk Brocades before a standing session. At times when practicing a lot and consistently, I have been able to feel an energy center about 12-18" below the surface of the earth. Connecting with this energy center grants a deep sense of groundedness and a feeling that other people and energies cannot mess with you on a deep level. I believe some systems call this the Earth Star (Barbara Brennan specifically), but I haven't read a whole lot about it. Feels good though! emoticon

It's particularly nice to do it outside, barefoot in front of a tree, if you can find an area without too much wind. 

I agree with Jim above about disconnecting from the internet as much as possible. This is easier said than done these days. For all the benefit the internet has brought us, it certainly seems to have unleasehd and accelerated a dizzying emotional plague on much of the connected world. I have actually taken to locking my phone and computer away with a timed lock and found this to be helpful. 

Thankyou! That sounds like something that might work for me. I'll look into it. 
Jason Massie, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:45 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:45 PM

I had harsh, irritating vibrations every evening for months on end. I would practice well all day but try to escape with tv and other stuff in the evening.. The only real escape was sleep at night. Eventually I faced them. I used the sensations causing aversion as fuel for my practice. I resolved to know them clearly, balanced the factors and I quickly moved on. Every once in a while, I see them again on retreat but they are not so bad any more.

I like mixing techniques and such but a possible pitfall is that once a technique gets you to difficult territory, it is human nature to run from unpleasantness. Some bounce around without going too deep with anything. I have no idea if that is the case here. Just thought it was worth mentioning. 
Z , modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:46 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 12:46 PM

There's another grounding exercise that was recommend to me by someone who taught at the Barbara Brennan school. I've found it helpful. 

1. Stand in the Tai Chi Wuji Posture
2. Place the index and middle finger of each hand next to each other about two inches below the bellow button. 
3. Visualize an orb of light about 2-3 inches behind this point inside your body. 
4. Breathe into this orb. 
5. Visualize a straight line descending directly down from this orb into the center of the earth, beneath the floor of your house, beneath the basement of your house, etc. All the way down. 
6. Release each breath into this point. 
7. Repeat for a few minutes. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 1:49 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 1:49 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Papa Che Dusko:

Thanks! I have been using my obsidian these days too, because it did help me some years ago when I was going through something similar. I didn't know that I was supposed to wash it, though. I heard that chrystals should be purified under the full moon. Water seems much easier. I have black thurmaline too. I thought I was the only one here, among all hardcore testosterone practicioners, that actually uses chrystals for some purposes. On the other hand, I know that Daniel uses props, so maybe not. He showed me one of his altars over video once, but I don't remember what was actually there besides from the wands and a very nicelooking purple-ish (?) table cloth.

Thanks for sharing! I appreciate it. 

Truth be told I havent been using crystals since 2009. My son now plays with all the various 100+ crystal stones from my old collection emoticon His favorite stone is Kyanite but then again he loves blue color. I do remember some stones like Moonstone being cleansed by full moon and some others but not Obsidian as its a stone made very fast, from vulcanic lava and as such is believed to be very potent/fast at sucking up energies and also releasing them fast under running water. 
If indeed you percieve these energies as very harmful and they seem overwhelming and meditation is not helping then by all means use Obsidian and make sure to cleanse it morning and evening and say the words too. This might even make you sleep better as the stone is under your pillow. Try also to meditate with the stone in your hands.

Keep doing all this until the day you forget about the stone emoticon meaning you dont need it anymore.
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 1:56 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 1:56 PM

Chris Marti:
I know, i know emoticon Im getting worse with each passing day! First noting aloud now crystal healing! What will come next we wonder!? Dancing naked around the bonfire during the Full Moon, while singing The Beatles song "All you need is love"? emoticon 
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:20 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:20 PM

Give Peace a Chance.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:34 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:34 PM

I found something really interesting. https://youtu.be/5QMjJkpfV-Y. Somewhere in the second half of it he lets people work kinesthetically with the energetic structure. I've got to learn that. That's my modality. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:41 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:40 PM

I don't usually work with the stones either. I mainly just kind of like them. However, I did use them as props recently to ground myself during a magickal ritual in the midsummer night, during the solstice, together with some wild flowers that kind of spoke to me. I improvized on short notice and I don't have any other props available. 

Haha, I have kyanite too. 

Sounds like one would have to read washing instructions for the stones before buying them, just like with clothes. I definitely prefer both clothes and stones that can easily be washed with water, so obsidian is a stone to my taste. It's the one that feels most grounding too. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:51 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 2:51 PM

Jason Massie:
I had harsh, irritating vibrations every evening for months on end. I would practice well all day but try to escape with tv and other stuff in the evening.. The only real escape was sleep at night. Eventually I faced them. I used the sensations causing aversion as fuel for my practice. I resolved to know them clearly, balanced the factors and I quickly moved on. Every once in a while, I see them again on retreat but they are not so bad any more.

I like mixing techniques and such but a possible pitfall is that once a technique gets you to difficult territory, it is human nature to run from unpleasantness. Some bounce around without going too deep with anything. I have no idea if that is the case here. Just thought it was worth mentioning. 

I appreciate your sharing. Thanks! This is something different from what you are talking about, though. I love working with the vibrations that arise in the insight practice. They don't scare me or make me sick. I have made friends with them. I loved it when they tore me and turned my senses inside out. What I'm talking about is rather psychic influences that could lead me astray. They can't fuel the practice. That would lead to false insights. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:07 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:07 PM

Zachary:
There's another grounding exercise that was recommend to me by someone who taught at the Barbara Brennan school. I've found it helpful. 

1. Stand in the Tai Chi Wuji Posture
2. Place the index and middle finger of each hand next to each other about two inches below the bellow button. 
3. Visualize an orb of light about 2-3 inches behind this point inside your body. 
4. Breathe into this orb. 
5. Visualize a straight line descending directly down from this orb into the center of the earth, beneath the floor of your house, beneath the basement of your house, etc. All the way down. 
6. Release each breath into this point. 
7. Repeat for a few minutes. 

This is typically the kind of visualization that just doesn't resonate with me. I can't imagine it with relation to myself. I can imagine you doing it, because you have already opened to it, but I don't have that same structure. I don't even know you, but it's easier for me to imagine you doing this exercise than myself doing it. When I read this, it somehow seems completely obvious that you have this kind of orb available and that it easily shoots roots as you described. I can feel between the lines of the text how steady those roots are. When it comes to me, I will have to find something else. I think I have a problem with too much literal thinking there. I'm not going to be standing in that posture on that spot forever, so the roots seems sort of unpractical. I prefer being untied, haha.
Ben Sulsky, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:15 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:15 PM

Hi Linda,

I thought this paragraph from Saints and Psychopaths (Bill Hamilton), might be helpful,

"3.3.6. Higher levels of enlightenmentI am not aware of any psychological tests that might support this, but the mind becomes more sensitive and changeable with each level of enlightenment. It would seem that this is partly a result of being able to let go of a mind state more quickly. If you are able to let go of one mind state, then almost instantly another mind state will arise. If this ability is combined with the ability to consciously perceive processes which were previously unconscious, then the mind becomes more volatile.....

Although there are many reports of neuroses, phobias and obsessions which have been spontaneously cured during meditation, usually there is no way to predict in advance if and when they will be cured. Even general personality changes as a result of attaining different levels of enlightenment are erratic. Some people have a very profound change in personality as a result of attaining the first level, and others do not. In terms of therapeutic cures, you can expect that the first level would result in a significant reduction in irrational behavior which is immoral. It is unlikely for people who have attained the first level of enlightenment to be murderers, liars, thieves, adulterers, or alcoholics. A common report is that although neuroses can exist at the first level of enlightenment, there is a sense of space behind the neuroses. Although neurotic anger may be expressed, there is an impression that the anger can be observed as an impersonal process, and stream-winners are not 100% lost in it. This is difficult to quantify or qualify, but my guess is that a study of outbursts of anger would show that they are shorter and that amends for outbursts would more likely be made.

A paradox here is that a stream-winner is likely to be more sensitive, volatile and spontaneously expressive. The classic Commentaries of Buddhism say that both lust and aversion are not reduced until the second level of enlightenment, and not eliminated until the third level. There may be some reduction of lust and anger-aversion at the first level, but it might be counter balanced by the volatility of personality.As I mentioned earlier, personality profiles after the first level of enlightenment become exaggerated, and this is probably because of sensitivity and volatility. Personalities seem to become more exaggerated with each level of enlightenment, and I haven’t met an Arahant that wasn’t a unique caricature. It is difficult to draw the line between neuroses and characteristics of personality. In any case, it seems that neurotic behavior may become exaggerated, although I am unaware of anyone becoming generally more neurotic as a result of meditation."

This matches my personal experience; doing a lot of insight practice has made reality a lot more intense and this is sometimes difficult.  I don't know of any easy fix for this if and when it becomes overwhelming.  Jhana helps for me, as does doing other things that are relaxing (yoga, watching TV, walking, time with family, pets etc etc).  The problem is that this seems to be a bandaid approach and it can be scary to think that absent these calming activities reality will be unbearable.  So, often the advice given is to just surrender to the intensity completely, as if that's all there is.  I think this can be really hard, but it's good advice if you can somehow do it.  In my particular case, continued practice and time has helped when I'm feeling this way, but that's far from guaranteed to work.  
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:42 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:16 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
I found something really interesting. https://youtu.be/5QMjJkpfV-Y. Somewhere in the second half of it he lets people work kinesthetically with the energetic structure. I've got to learn that. That's my modality. 

Thank you for sharing this.
Really interesting!
I was feeling low energy, and sleepy, and in need to go to bed, I listened to a few minutes of it that was talking about the effect of changing the body on emotions, and I changed my posture to a more open one. And now the feeling tone has become neutral, and sleepiness is almost gone, and I don't want to go to bed! But actually there is an unpleasantness to it, because overally I feel better after doing that, and that means that I can start working now, but I don't like to work now, and that is unpleasant! Anyway, thanks!
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:23 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:23 PM

I don't think you should use it to force yourself to do things that drain you. It's just intended for defense from psychic influence, not for spiritual bypassing. If you need to rest from your work, then do so! Please take care!

It does work for phobias, though. 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:25 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:25 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
I don't think you should use it to force yourself to do things that drain you. It's just intended for defense from psychic influence, not for spiritual bypassing. If you need to rest from your work, then do so! Please take care!

It does work for phobias, though. 

Yeah, sure. That wasn't/isn't my intention, just sounded interesting and I thought to try.
I agree. And thanks.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:31 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:31 PM

Thankyou Ben! Yeah, that makes sense. I listened to a lecture about psychic self-defense for empaths, and according to the lecturer, empath abilities go through the same development when somebody follows a Buddhist path, and "psychic irritability" increases all the way until the very last development (probably rather the Buddha stage than the arahant state, so I guess I'll have to learn to live with this). 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:36 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 3:36 PM

I'm glad you found the talk helpful. I'll try to follow my own advice and actually get the rest I need rather than using body posture as a steroid. I could very easily have done the same thought chain. It's just easier to see it when somebody else does it. So thankyou for letting me see that! Hopefully that will make me more mindful of the risk.
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 6:13 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/5/20 6:13 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
I thought I was the only one here, among all hardcore testosterone practicioners, that actually uses chrystals for some purposes.
Crystals are among the best things in life emoticon
I have no purpose for them other than they me feel nice when I have them near me.

What crystals do you recommend?
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 8:59 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 8:59 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
I'm glad you found the talk helpful. I'll try to follow my own advice and actually get the rest I need rather than using body posture as a steroid. I could very easily have done the same thought chain. It's just easier to see it when somebody else does it. So thankyou for letting me see that! Hopefully that will make me more mindful of the risk.

Ha, who am I trying to fool? I took the first opportunity to try to use it as a steroid. It worked perfectly for several hours and then I crashed. Please be smarter and saner than me! 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:16 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:16 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:

Ha, who am I trying to fool? I took the first opportunity to try to use it as a steroid. It worked perfectly for several hours and then I crashed. Please be smarter and saner than me! 

We need trying and succeeding and trying and failing, and not making a big deal about any of those emoticon , I guess.

As long as we are mindful of what we are doing, it should not be a big issue I think.
I think these kind of things are good occasionally as small fixes. They can't replace the real remedy that is required.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:54 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:54 AM

It wasn't a minor thing. It was sort of a life and death thing. Yet, all involved are still alive, somehow. Maybe I'm just being melodramatic. I don't know. It all seems crazy. 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:05 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:05 AM

I am not following what you are pointing to.
Maybe I miss some details because I haven't watched those videos, I only watched a few minutes of it, and kept it open to watch later.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:06 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:06 AM

Ni Nurta:
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
I thought I was the only one here, among all hardcore testosterone practicioners, that actually uses chrystals for some purposes.
Crystals are among the best things in life emoticon
I have no purpose for them other than they me feel nice when I have them near me.

What crystals do you recommend?

Oh no, I opened that can of worms. I started thinking about it and found that I want these:

clear quartz (more of them)
smokey quartz
possibly other kinds of quartz, such as tangerine aurora quartz and angel aura quartz
agate - blue, teal and pink (I don't even like pink, usually)
obsidian - black (more of them), blue and snowflake
lapis lazuli (more of them)
amethyst (polished; more of them)
amber (I don't think I could ever get enough of those, the high quality ones, even if I could afford them, which I can't)
galaxyite
selenite
moldavite
flourite
citrine
black onyx
carnelian
green aventurine (oh, wait, I think I actually have enough of them)
calcite
rough black tourmaline (I have enough already)

You evil, evil tempter! emoticonemoticon I really can't afford a shopping spree. Craving noted. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:07 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:07 AM

Siavash:
I am not following what you are pointing to.
Maybe I miss some details because I haven't watched those videos, I only watched a few minutes of it, and kept it open to watch later.
It wasn't any details from the video, just my life, which I'm currently messing up badly. I'll survive. 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:38 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:38 AM

May you and your kid be well and happy Linda, and make the best decisions possible.
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:49 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 10:49 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Oh no, I opened that can of worms. I started thinking about it and found that I want these:
emoticon Having more crystals near you is the only valid way to live.

From your list I lack lapis lazuli, galaxyite, selenite, carnelian, green aventurine and calcite.

My recommendation from things missing on your list would be
- ruby
- emerald
- sapphire
- tanzanite
- spodumene/kunzite - definitely get this one if you can

Tomorrow I should have package with bixbite (red beryl, though this one is more violet than red) gem and I have strong feeling it will most probably be recommended as well. I like beryls a lot and anyway... having more money on your accound doesn't bring real happiness emoticon

BTW. From your list definitely get moldavite. Highly recommended !!!1
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 8:32 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 8:32 AM

The moldavite will have to wait. I just spent too much on other ooooh shiny stuff. I'm giving up and getting myself some props. Not because I believe that there is any ultimate power to the props, but because as a human being I'm a symbolically bent creature and the props will do what props are supposed to do: give the actor confidence about the acting. Not that there is ultimately any actor. Just non-playing the cards that I have been non-given. 

I'm learning psychic self-defense and energetic healing from someone who knows his stuff in a way that is creepy as fuck, and I'll do my very best to be not creepy about it, just as I think he is trying. It's kind of an open source thing. He doesn't even know that I have decided to learn from him. I'll listen to every damn teaching he has put out there for free, and if I find that's not enough, then maybe I'll contact him some day. I'll use this with the intention of clearing out my own shit, to avoid or minimize any harm I might otherwise be doing, and to minimize the harm done to me by others who are energetically strong either intentionally or unintentionally. That's what I need to do. And I'll allow myself to enjoy some shiny stuff while doing it, because that makes it bearable. Maybe I'll include some moldavite among that shiny stuff eventually, because I believe you have a sense about vibrations in minerals. I do too, although I'm not specialized in minerals.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 8:35 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 8:35 AM

Siavash:
May you and your kid be well and happy Linda, and make the best decisions possible.

Thankyou! I appreciate that. It wasn't about my kid his time, thank goodness, but a similar turf. 

Breadcrumb