Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:27 AM

Dharma Overground settings

Dharma Overground settings
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:52 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 9:46 AM

RE: Dharma Overground settings

Mike Smirnoff:
Is there a way to change settings so that I don't get an e-mail for whenever someone posts? I want to get no e-mails.
Usually there's a subscribe/unsubscribe button which can be clicked on -- and then one can choose what kind of e-mails to receive, but there's none with Dharma Overground.
Thanks for your help.

When you reply in a thread, just under the box where you enter the reply there is a check box with the text "subscribe me" make sure that box is unchecked.  If you are starting a new thread the "subscribe me" box is in the same area but below the "mark as a question" box.

Also at the top of each page there is a "My subscriptions" link, if  you click that it shows what you are subscribed to and you can unsubscribe.

In a row lower down than the "My subscriptions"  there is a "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" link for the current thread. If you are subscribed it will say "unsubscribe" and you click it to unsubscribe.

If there is a better way I hope someone will post it but that is all I know about it.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 11:14 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/6/20 11:14 AM

Well done, Jim! 
thumbnail
Jim Smith, modified 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 4:36 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/7/20 4:27 AM

Jim Smith:
Mike Smirnoff:
Is there a way to change settings so that I don't get an e-mail for whenever someone posts? I want to get no e-mails.
Usually there's a subscribe/unsubscribe button which can be clicked on -- and then one can choose what kind of e-mails to receive, but there's none with Dharma Overground.
Thanks for your help.

When you reply in a thread, just under the box where you enter the reply there is a check box with the text "subscribe me" make sure that box is unchecked.  If you are starting a new thread the "subscribe me" box is in the same area but below the "mark as a question" box.

Also at the top of each page there is a "My subscriptions" link, if  you click that it shows what you are subscribed to and you can unsubscribe.

In a row lower down than the "My subscriptions"  there is a "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" link for the current thread. If you are subscribed it will say "unsubscribe" and you click it to unsubscribe.

If there is a better way I hope someone will post it but that is all I know about it.

On pages that display a list of threads, in the right column there may be a drop down menu "Actions". One of the items in the menu is "subscribe' or "unsubscribe"
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:01 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:01 PM

Help Chris Marti! I have the opposite problem. It looks like I am subscribed to every thread on Recent Changes and I get no email for any of them. The only thread I get email for is my own practice log. I don't knoow how I gt subscribed to all Recent Cnages - I don't remember myself doing that or if you can even do it? I want to get rid of this but I can not subscribe to anything other than catgories. I want to individually subscribe to topics like Niels web log and get email. Can you please help me out?
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:30 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:30 PM

Sam:

Click on the "My Subscriptions" link and you can manage all your subscriptions in one place.

Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:36 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:36 PM

Chris Marti:
Sam:

Click on the "My Subscriptions" link and you can manage all your subscriptions in one place.

Chris I did. It does not show a subscription or why I am subscribed to the entirety of Recent Changes and how to shut that off. It also shows me subscribed to Niel's log but I get no email sent when he posts.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:48 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 12:46 PM

Sam, I'm not capable of troubleshooting these kinds of problems - I don't have deep technical permissions for the DhO. You should contact Daniel Ingram, the site's owner, for help on this one.
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 1:08 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/13/20 1:08 PM

Chris Marti:
Sam, I'm not capable of troubleshooting these kinds of problems - I don't have deep technical permissions for the DhO. You should contact Daniel Ingram, the site's owner, for help on this one.

Hi Chris. I saw what I must have did. At the bottom of the Recent Changes page is a link to Subscribe to all Recent Changes. Unfornately, there is no Unsubsubscribe, and as you note , that is in the province of Daniel Ingram. 

Breadcrumb