Monstrously long podcast with Daniel Ingram

thumbnail
Niels Lyngsø, modified 3 Years ago at 7/17/20 3:59 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/17/20 3:56 PM

Monstrously long podcast with Daniel Ingram

Spencer Bledsoe of "Survivor" did a more than six hours long podcast with Daniel Ingram (although more than an hour is without Ingram and instead with another "Survivor" participant, Richard Hatch). I found it interesting and inspiring. Enjoy!

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL3JlZGVlbWluZ2Rpc29yZGVyLmxpYnN5bi5jb20vcnNz/episode/aHR0cHM6Ly9waW5lY2FzdC5jb20vZ3VpZC84MDczZDRhYS00YjdkLTQ3N2MtYjVmZC04NGUwMDIzYWYzZDE?hl=da&ved=2ahUKEwjiooyOldXqAhVClYsKHf18CL0QieUEegQIChAE&ep=6
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 12:54 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 12:54 PM

RE: Monstrously long podcast with Daniel Ingram

Thanks Niels for finding this! 6 hours! I have it on in the background and have already found it interesting and inspired.
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:11 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:11 PM

Oh yay! Is it christmas again already? 
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:17 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:17 PM

Sam Gentile:
Thanks Niels for finding this! 6 hours! I have it on in the background and have already found it interesting and inspired.

You can find the rest of these recent interviews on this page that Daniel often updates after new interviews:

https://www.integrateddaniel.info/podcasts-and-videos/
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:20 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:20 PM

I forget to check that page often enough emoticon
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:57 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 1:55 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:

Okay. Sold. I'll be putting this on in the morning...
I had planned to listen to the shorter recent one with Rosa (whom I've had the pleasure of talking with recently. Her story is really worth hearing and she's great!) so 8hrs of Daniel... hehe.. my brain hurts just thinking about it.

I think Daniels lockdown sanity strategy is to do as many podcast interviews as he possibly can. There's tons of stuff on his page linked above. Some better than others of course, but worth the time for sure.

~BTG

PS...
I could live without ever hearing the word "postulate" again though.. 
Jazz Muzak, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 6:05 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 6:05 PM

I listened to the whole thing today. Good podcast, it's actually two different interviews with Daniel with an interview with another Survivor contestant in the middle (I think he won a season? I'm not into Survivor so I'm not sure). Very interesting stuff, and very much in line with what I've been interested in lately.

Thanks!
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 6:52 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/18/20 6:52 PM

I listening to about 4 hours. Very interesting. Everytime I listen to Daniel I think he sounds even smarter than  the last time,
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 6:58 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 6:58 AM

Bagpuss The Gnome:
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:

Okay. Sold. I'll be putting this on in the morning...
I had planned to listen to the shorter recent one with Rosa (whom I've had the pleasure of talking with recently. Her story is really worth hearing and she's great!) so 8hrs of Daniel... hehe.. my brain hurts just thinking about it.

I think Daniels lockdown sanity strategy is to do as many podcast interviews as he possibly can. There's tons of stuff on his page linked above. Some better than others of course, but worth the time for sure.

~BTG

PS...
I could live without ever hearing the word "postulate" again though.. 

The interview with Rosa is great. I would love to talk to her some time. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:06 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:06 AM

In the part where Spencer talks to Richard, I think Richard has a great point that Spencer fails to acknowledge. Spencer insists that what he has experienced is something outside of his mind and that it isn't constructed. That's a very weird position from a Buddhist point of view, I would say. It seems like people tend to construct these experiences in mindblowingly similar ways, and I agree with Daniel that this seems to be something fundamentally human and a universal feature of human development, but that doesn't mean that it isn't constructed or that we ever experience anything outside of our mind. That's what science says, too. It's all information that we construct into a reality. I do agree that it isn't the brain that does it, though. The brain as we know it is a construction, too, and it exists inside our mind. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:12 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:12 AM

Sam Gentile:
I listening to about 4 hours. Very interesting. Everytime I listen to Daniel I think he sounds even smarter than  the last time,

I find that every time he reminds me even more of a friend of mine that I really thought was entirely unique. They operate within different territories, but that nerdy enthusiasm and energy and intensity and the way they are animated while talking about their interests, even their facial expressions and gestures and posture, are unbelievably similar. It's incredible. 
Jazz Muzak, modified 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:45 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/19/20 7:45 PM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
In the part where Spencer talks to Richard, I think Richard has a great point that Spencer fails to acknowledge. Spencer insists that what he has experienced is something outside of his mind and that it isn't constructed. That's a very weird position from a Buddhist point of view, I would say. It seems like people tend to construct these experiences in mindblowingly similar ways, and I agree with Daniel that this seems to be something fundamentally human and a universal feature of human development, but that doesn't mean that it isn't constructed or that we ever experience anything outside of our mind. That's what science says, too. It's all information that we construct into a reality. I do agree that it isn't the brain that does it, though. The brain as we know it is a construction, too, and it exists inside our mind. 

I thought the same thing. I came away wishing Spencer would slow down and LISTEN to some wise words from his friend instead of evangelizing. 
Sam Gentile, modified 3 Years ago at 7/20/20 11:10 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/20/20 11:10 AM

Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:
Sam Gentile:

I find that every time he reminds me even more of a friend of mine that I really thought was entirely unique. They operate within different territories, but that nerdy enthusiasm and energy and intensity and the way they are animated while talking about their interests, even their facial expressions and gestures and posture, are unbelievably similar. It's incredible. 
I finally finished the whole 6 hours and I think this is Daniel's finest interview yet
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 7/20/20 1:09 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 7/20/20 1:09 PM

Jazz Muzak:
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö:

I thought the same thing. I came away wishing Spencer would slow down and LISTEN to some wise words from his friend instead of evangelizing. 

Yeah, I had the same impression. It seems that Spencer has tasted a little bit, but he doesn't know much what he is talking about, and didn't show much openness. It would be a good conversation if it was between Richard and Daniel, or Richard and someone like Shinzen maybe.

Breadcrumb