Uneasiness In Equanimity

Kelly Gordon Weeks, modified 3 Years ago at 9/29/20 3:15 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/29/20 11:59 AM

Uneasiness In Equanimity

Over the past couple weeks I have been paying close attention to phenomology and it seems that I have been working my way up through Equanimity. I suspected that I was near cessation this week, but since yesterday I have had a very uneasy feeling. I'm not sure if I have fallen back into DN territory. Is it common to have queasiness or uneasiness in Equanimity? Could it be that cessation already happend and I'm in review? It feels like sensations are very turbulent and edgy. Maybe I'm just getting sick.  

Thank you.
shargrol, modified 3 Years ago at 9/30/20 4:31 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/30/20 4:31 PM

RE: Uneasiness In Equanimity

Time will tell!
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 3 Years ago at 9/30/20 6:00 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 9/30/20 6:00 PM

RE: Uneasiness In Equanimity

EQ can have DN-like substages especially after experience of powering up to something.
At times these small dark night seems to be so weak that they do not even register and at times are felt like you describe, some slight ueasiness, maybe some fear (looking at you Kelly making this thread fearing you have fallen back to DN emoticon) and then some other succesively more general feeling something is wrong you get to EQ-EQ which is more like real EQ.

From my experience cessations seems to happen when you do not really expect them. Anything you could describe as near-cessation event which feels like powering up to something I would rather classify as A&P substage at EQ and after this you naturally have DN effects.

Besides stages of insight are general trend and they do not replace mood swings we all experience from time to time. Please do not remember you are also alive and not everything revolves around stages of insight emoticon

Breadcrumb