Is this was cessation?

Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/18/20 7:17 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/18/20 6:48 PM

Is this was cessation?

Hello everybody, can anyone help me to diagnose what was that, I practices shamatha looking at Buddha's head, then watching from where thoughts comes and where it goes, feelings, emotions.There was like attention moving by itself, reality changing in waves :
 I expierenced state totally empty of just nothingness nothing arised for few hours and after that, no thought "I" arises is this cessation or just nana or something else. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 4:02 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 4:02 AM

RE: Is this was cessation?

If it was an experience, it wasn't a cessation. Could be some jhana or a thorough deconstruction or a depersonalization episode. People use words so differently so it's impossible to tell, especially from so little information. 
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 6:02 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 5:56 AM

Thnx it was expierence I was there sitting just feelings thoughts sensations stoppped arising 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 6:42 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 6:42 AM

Have you ruled out dullness?
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 7:02 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 6:46 AM

It wasnt dullness or anything more like rapture and bliss more like clarity and still nes 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 8:17 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 8:17 AM

Could be a slow version of A&P perhaps? I really don't know. 
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 8:54 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 8:19 AM

Well years ago I expierenced kundalini vibrations and etc. I guess I crossed A&P long time ago. I dont do noting ,so i cant relate to DHO maps thats why Im asking. I dont see" I " anymore, like there is me, but without any center,I still have personality but it arises on its own, when I speak with people and etc.I kinda feel empty and mind is +-80% more silent. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:34 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:34 AM

You can cross A&P infinite times. It's not a once and for all thing. But the way you describe it now, it sounds more like a nondual experience of some sort. Is this the first time you have had an experience like this? Are there any visual effects? How does it feel emotionally?
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:55 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:37 AM

Yes first time,never had this expierence before,  no visual stuff,only formations (?) like reality appeared in frames like packs of all sensory expierences at once like frame ,during that i fel like wow,bliss rapture. Now emotions its just callmness and peace its ok nothing special i mean
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:52 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 9:52 AM

It is very hard to tell based on some minimal comments by a stranger on the internet, but it sounds like what may be called nondual experience (which is very fuzzy wording) or awareness of awareness (fuzzy too) or rigpa. That's good stuff. Since it's the first time, you will probably pop out of it at some point, or feel like you do. If so, don't fight it. It's not as binary as it might feel like. 

Seems like you are getting great insights from your shamatha. 
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 10:03 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 10:03 AM

Yeah I got jhana from watching buddhas head then tibetan monk said meditate on emptiness where everything come from and goes relaxed in to this and I did and that happened what i just described. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 10:20 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 10:20 AM

Yeah, that's a pointing out instruction that does accomplish that if you do it right (which is really a not-doing). 
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:30 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:13 AM

Thanx gonna keep that in mind. 
shargrol, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:53 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:16 AM

Mathew Poskus:
Yes first time,never had this expierence before,  no visual stuff,only formations (?) like reality appeared in frames like packs of all sensory expierences at once like frame ,during that i fel like wow,bliss rapture. Now emotions its just callmness and peace its ok nothing special i mean

This sounds much more like A&P where reality is seen as very fast flashes of perception and along with that some really nice feelings.

EDIT: That's just my hunch.

I recommend reading this:https://www.mctb.org/mctb2/table-of-contents/part-iv-insight/30-the-progress-of-insight/4-the-arising-and-passing-away/ and paying particular attention to when things like:

"For those who are practicing meditation (as opposed to experiencing an occurrence in daily life), in the early part of this stage, the meditator’s mind accelerates more and more, and reality begins to be perceived as particles or fine vibrations of mind and matter, each arising and vanishing utterly at tremendous speed. "

"Reality may be perceived directly with great clarity; great bliss, rapture, equanimity, mindfulness, concentration, and other positive qualities arise. Practice is extremely profound and sustainable, and there may be no pain even after hours of sitting."

"Skilled technical meditators (which make up only a small proportion of those who cross this) may sit easily for hours dissecting their reality into fine and fast sensations and vibrations, perhaps even up to forty per second or more, with an extremely high level of precision and consistency. "

"Some will notice the slow variant of the A&P and may plunge down into the very depths of the mind as though plunging deeply underwater to where they can perceive individual frames of reality arise and pass with breathtaking clarity, as though in slow motion. It can even feel as if we have been partially sedated with a strong, opiate-like drug and submerged in thick syrup.
At the bottom of these depths, however they present themselves, individual moments may sometimes have a frozen quality to them, like garish snapshots of the bottom of a well, as if sensations were stopping completely in the middle of their manifestation for just an instant, and this way of experiencing reality is unique to this stage."

Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:32 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:30 AM

Oh that make sense !Thnx. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:58 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 11:58 AM

I'd go with Shargrol's advice, not mine. 

A&P doesn't necessarily preclude a nondual experience, though. One can get tastes of that whenever. Some practicioners start out with it. At this forum rigpa is often treated like something that you experience around third path, but it's the tibetan word for awareness. It literally means seer. It's always there. We just fail to recognize it. And the pointer was a Dzogchen pointer, or at least a pointer that is common in Dzogchen. 
Mathew Poskus, modified 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 4:25 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 11/19/20 4:25 PM

Probably yeah some a&p and non dual expierences, well thats good, thanks again.