Posts being deleted recently...

Emil Jensen, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 4:44 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 4:44 AM

Posts being deleted recently...

Hello, how do you DhO?

I just wanted to shed light on an issue I am experiencing atm, here on the site.

I don't know if it's just me, but I've tried to write quite a few logs and when I hit "publish" it just deletes my text and returns me to an empty add message page. (Could this be related to the recent work associated with the hack?)

I don't know how to fix it, but figured that someone does and eventually may have to if the problem persists for me and others.

In the mean time, perhaps I would suggest saving your longer posts on a separate text file so you won't end up losing 30-40 minutes of logging like I have a couple of times now emoticon

Bests,

Emil
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:05 AM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:01 AM

RE: Posts being deleted recently...

I'm so sorry you lost your posts! And log posts of all posts! Unfortunately this is something that happens regularly for some reason, even before the hack, so yes, please always copy and save your texts before hitting publish if you want to stay on the safe side. 

During an earlier round of this, Siavash figured out that "quick reply" seems to work. I never managed to get that working, but now I have been told that even though it seems like nothing happens when you hit that option, if you scroll down, there is a box at the end of the thread that actually works. 

Sometimes but not always it is possible to get the text back by clicking the previous page arrow (I don't know their official name, lol) and then copy it. 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 1:39 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 1:39 PM

Ha! emoticon I just wrote a longish reply to your log Linda and just when I pressed Publish, it VANISHED emoticon At first I thought I was in the 3rd Jhana as the text was in the center of me laptop screen but ney emoticon its just this forum excercising Anicca 3.0 Software again I see emoticon 
Martin, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 2:29 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 2:29 PM

It happened to me yesterday, replying to Sam. All that directed thought, and then poof! At that moment, what has seemed so worthwhile saying, perhaps because of its own momentum, was equally well left unsaid. It's kinda fun. Like a sand mandala.
thumbnail
Siavash ', modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 2:42 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 2:39 PM

It's such a good and time-saving practice to remember to copy the text before submitting it. On any site or app, and with any kind of text if it's not too short or simple to type again.
Just Select All then Copy. Or ctrl/command+A and then ctrl/command+C on computer.

(When pasting on DhO, if you want to keep format of the text, right-click where the cursor is, and select paste, then in the editor of the next dialog, right-click and select Paste and Match Style and then click OK.)
Emil Jensen, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 3:22 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 3:22 PM

Ok, so it's not just me! emoticon

Haha, you DhOrks are creative with the posts in here, I'll say that much emoticon
Martin, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 3:33 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 3:33 PM

"DhOrks" is perfect.  I've been called a Buddhist geek, which I appreciated, but hanging out with a bunch of DhOrks is even better. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:01 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:00 PM

I agree that DhOrks is an awesome expression, haha! And I just had the opportunity to test Siavash's creative technical solution of using the quick reply and found that it does work. I'll send an email to the technical wizard of the forum to let him know that the problem is still ongoing. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:02 PM
Created 3 Years ago at 12/27/20 5:02 PM

Papa Che Dusko:
Ha! emoticon I just wrote a longish reply to your log Linda and just when I pressed Publish, it VANISHED emoticon At first I thought I was in the 3rd Jhana as the text was in the center of me laptop screen but ney emoticon its just this forum excercising Anicca 3.0 Software again I see emoticon 

In my log? A reply to me? Noooooooooo! emoticon

Breadcrumb