Need Help-Energy flow while not on cushion and sleepiness

Gman S, modified 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 7:50 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 7:32 PM

Need Help-Energy flow while not on cushion and sleepiness

I been lurker on site for a while. I need some help, pointers , opinions and any suggestions for what is going on . I have Asana and sitting practice . About 1 hour of Asana and 30 minutes of sitting almost daily. I have attended Goanka retreats (3) and gone through lot of harsh energy flowing through body for 3-4 months abour 4 years ago. Last retreat I did was TWIM and after that i been having this weird issue and going on for 10 months or so.  This is off cushion in daily life while working and doing regular things. I will get bit of head pressure and feels like energy is making me go to bed and just nap for 20-30 minutes. During that time i get into hypnogogic state and lot of vibrations and flows in body. None of that is unplesant and mostly benign and sometimes bit pleasant. My challenge is if i resist energy phenomenon i will start getting head ache and heavy sleepiness. This is happening 2-3 times during the day . This creates problem for normal life/work stuff . Looking for any opinions/theory/solutions to deal with this so that i can do normal regular things during the day 
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 7:55 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 7:55 PM

RE: Need Help-Energy flow while not on cushion and sleepiness

A lot of it for me has to do with when I eat. If I eat light during the day I feel fine. But after a heavy meal I have to kind of coax myself into staying up a bit later. Just be patient with yourself. That is my suggestion. If you can withstand the sleepiness than do it. If not, go lie down and then maybe get up in a bit.
Gman S, modified 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 8:05 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/28/21 8:05 PM

Thanks for respondig Dietrich. Yes, It does have direct relationship with eating for sure. I have same observation. Even bit of eating has disproposinate effect. I had myself tested for  Diabetes(A1C)/Thoroid etc to rule out but all is good on that front . 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 1:47 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 1:47 AM

I have had periods of exactly what you are talking about. I was lucky to have a flexible job. I would get hellish headaches and body pains if I didn't embrace that flow when it wanted to happen. 

Grounding yourself can help stabilizing it. Hatha yoga is great. Gardening or other earthy stuff. Barefoot walks in the soil. Anything that makes you connect with the relatively stable ground. Heavy foods help with grounding too. I know a Tibetan Lama who recommends a glass of beer or wine, because it lowers the energy flow while at the same time relaxing the energy channels, as well as vitamine B complex. Other recommendations I have heard include focusing the energy below your navel. 
Gman S, modified 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 8:01 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 8:01 AM

Thanks Linda for ideas. I am doing some of them as i have grounding mat at my desk also. I can change my asana practice to more vigrous than more calming . I think i will try heavy food idea and B complex.  Alcohol is danger zone and i will just stay away from it emoticon
​​​​​​​
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 5:21 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 5:21 PM

Oh okay, yeah, alcohol isn't needed. The lama also recommended peanut butter or milk. Personally I'm overly sensitive, so if I take any of those foods it's impossible for me to stay awake and I'll wake up with brain fog many hours later. I suppose that at least anecdotally supports the notion that for normal people it makes the energy calm down a bit. 

If it's any consolation, this won't last. It will pass. 

I have never tried a grounding mat. Does it work? I use the soil, connecting with the earth element. 
Gman S, modified 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 8:46 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/29/21 8:46 PM

at this point i am going to test bit heavy diet . I am fine with milk, peanut butter . I have grounding mat that is connected to home electric ground. As i spend lot of time workimg from my home/desk this is easiest option for grouding . I don' thave much data to support if it helps or not but it is pretty much has no downside even if upside is not clear so it is good deal in that sense. 
thumbnail
Linda ”Polly Ester” Ö, modified 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 12:55 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 7/30/21 12:55 AM

Sounds good. I would still recommend for you to get out into some kind of green area during your lunch break and connect with the ground there, but that's me. 

Breadcrumb