Requesting information on Actual Freedom

Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 12:27 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 12:26 PM

Requesting information on Actual Freedom

Hi

I am in the process of writing a practice instruction article on the Madhu-pindika sutra and the Culavedalla sutra. My article will detail how one can stop at sparsh or contact and then not experience any vedana at all. It will be written in the style of a Crossfit WOD.

My rudimentary understanding is that HAIETMOBA is basically that WOD in some form or fashion. And I am deeply curious about HAIETMOBA.
I have tried to understand this technique, I have received some resources from AF practitioners that I am studying. So far I have not been able to make head nor tails of what I have read.

The people I have interacted with seem like good people, well intentioned, but I am finding it difficult to gel with their languaging. Particularly the name dropping of 'Richard'. I don't want to set up a video call with them ... because ... we will just grate on each other's nerves!
Can someone here .... a Vipashyana practitioner who has some knowledge of this please explain to me AF techniques in Shamatha Vipashyana terms. Or if such an explanation exists already could you please link it for me. I am looking for absolute donkey instructions. As an illustration:

1. Take 5 deep breaths (not 4, not 6, but only 5)
2. Place your attention on your left butt cheek (not your right one!)

.... And do HAIETMOBA (with an explanation of how one does this in line with #1 and #2)

Like nuts and bolts.

I know this is a tall ask, but if you could help, I will be very grateful. Thanks.
thumbnail
Griffin, modified 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 5:55 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 5:55 PM

RE: Requesting information on Actual Freedom

There is something along those lines in the second half of this essay: https://www.integrateddaniel.info/my-experiments-in-actualism

That said, no matter how many different descriptions of actualism practice I have read, it just never "clicked" for me. It's like every article presents it somewhat differently, or it's poetically ambiguous, or it's a list of instructions that don't feel like a coherent system of practice. There's a lack of vipassana-like precise terminological practicality. I just gave up trying to understand it, and don't care anymore.
thumbnail
Pepe ·, modified 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 3:54 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 9:04 PM

I asignated a whole section to Actualism- Inspired Practices in Daniel's posts compilation. 

Check in particular:

Actualism-Inspired Practice Basic Instructions (Daniel's version)
Trent's advice
Daniel's notes  

There are also some AF topics discussed in Hurricane Ranch Dialogue I and II 

(edited a grammar mistake)

​​​​​​​
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 9:50 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 9:50 PM

Thanks a lot.
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 9:51 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/26/21 9:51 PM

Hi Pepe. This is really really helpful. Thanks a lot!
thumbnail
Pepe ·, modified 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 7:47 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 7:47 AM

Your welcome! Probably you have already seen it, but  Richard's explanation of "affective awareness" in This Moment of Being Alive is probably the best reference. The notes inserted in the text are particular helpful to understand his method (see the one after ‘good’ and the ‘bad’ feelings, for example). 
thumbnail
Papa Che Dusko, modified 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 7:57 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 7:57 AM

I really think this part is very important as it really can make a big mess out of your life! I was well falling into this trap back in 2011-12 but thankfully let go of it at one stage.

"If you go into this with the mentality that these practices will be designed to totally eliminate your emotions, it is nearly impossible to really be honest about them. Tarin, Trent, Stef and Jill all finally and in their own ways warned against this, so avoid denial and avoid scripting yourself into some zombie-state: it is a trap. Instead, just be honestly human, ordinary, and feel what you feel: not in some exaggerated way, and not in some reactive way, just straightforwardly and clearly."
Adi Vader, modified 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 1:05 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 9/27/21 1:05 PM

Thanks Papa Che Dusko

Breadcrumb