What was that?

ingvar andersen, modified 2 Years ago at 1/16/22 3:16 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/16/22 3:16 PM

What was that?

Hello! I had a strange experience the other day and I want to check out with you guys what it was, if anything at all.​​​​​​​
I became a dad some months ago, so there are many things going on. One evening/night my partner went out of the room to give our kid food, and I was just laying in the bed. She came back at an instant even though she told she was away for 20 minutes. It felt for me as there was a discontinuity in the space-time, as if a portion of experience was scissored out. When contemplating this experience / discontinuity, two things comes to my mind: a deeper contact with the deep stagnation of flow of energy (which starts to loosen on a kind of fundamental level) and a clarity that awareness was functioning even though no experience (except the sense of discontinuity in space and time) was there. Another statement could be that a «patch was taken from a wound». Daniel mentions all sorts of great afterglows and I can not relate to that.
thumbnail
Niels Lyngsø, modified 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 9:25 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 9:25 AM

RE: What was that?

Hello Ingvar,

Welcome to Dharma Overground! In order to receive a meaningful response to your experience, you will have to provide some more context: Are you meditating? If so, then: How long have you been meditating? How long time do you sit every day? Have you done retreats? What technique(s) do you use? What (of relevance) happened in the weeks, days and hours before the experience? etc.

I encourage you to check this excellent ressource. It contains, among many other valuable things, some advice on "How to get the best advice on an online forum" (almost at the top, scroll a little down, and you'll find it).

All the best,
​​​​​​​Niels
Edward, modified 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 10:02 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 1/17/22 10:02 AM

RE: What was that?

Greetings Ingvar. What you experienced is commonly known as 'sleep'. Before you became a parent you probably had similar episodes so frequently that you took them for granted. If it happens again try to enjoy it, it can be very relaxing and rejuvenating.