The Modern Mahasiddha - New pragmatic Vajrayana discussion board

thumbnail
Ugi Mueller, modified 2 Years ago at 2/11/22 8:25 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/11/22 8:25 AM

The Modern Mahasiddha - New pragmatic Vajrayana discussion board

"The Modern Mahasiddha" is a new discussion board to discuss pragmatic forms and practices of Vajrayana Buddhism aswell as the development of such (western) forms of pragmatic Vajrayana.

Very similar to DharmaOverground, our motivation is to provide a safe space to talk, share and debate openly and transparantly about all aspects of a modern, non-dogmatic and effective buddhist Tantra, Dzogchen & Mahamudra. This is by no means a rejection of traditional lineages, sanghas or practices. We explicitely welcome everyone interested in pragmatic Vajrayana. Whether you already are practicing Vajrayana or not, in a traditional lineage or not, doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is bringing people together to discuss openly, respectfully and constructively the development of Tantric buddhism in the West and the whole world.

Feel free to browse around and feel very welcomed to join the Modern Mahasiddha emoticon

https://www.modernmahasiddha.com/
thumbnail
This very moment, modified 2 Years ago at 2/26/22 10:06 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/26/22 10:06 AM

RE: The Modern Mahasiddha - New pragmatic Vajrayana discussion board

Cool, what now? 
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 2/26/22 12:33 PM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/26/22 12:33 PM

Hooray! Prizes for everyone!
​​​​​​​
Huangbo
There is only the one reality, neither to be realized nor attained. To say 'I am able to realize something' or 'I am able to attain something' is to place yourself among the arrogant. The men who flapped their garments and left the meeting as mentioned in the Lotus Sutra were just such people. Therefore the Buddha said: 'I truly obtained nothing from Enlightenment.' There is just a mysterious tacit understanding and no more.
thumbnail
Ni Nurta, modified 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 2:21 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 2:21 AM

People who know they are not clever enough and not strong enough to attain anything of true value join communities where they can be given something. They hope to get something of true value but this is never how it works there. They are given instead work right from the start to overburden them and then when they are to receive their value for their effort they only receive removal of part of the work package. Never everything because without shackles they might become too mobile. With enough brain washing - which is mostly done by them themselves to justify their choices and situation - they see such reduction as something of value. If they are indoctrinated enough they will see it as superior to things which they hoped to receive before they joined.

From outside of course it looks like nothing was gained.
But also if someone who is outside such community, if they attain something of true value it won't be seen attaining value to a person from inside such community because inside community meaning of value was redefined. In fact inside such communities having anything of true value is almost always made illegal.

So what did those 'fully enlightened' people attain?
I dunno. My radars do not pick anything. Maybe extra food stamps? Extra roll of toilet paper per month? Whatever it is it is probably very important to them so let's be happy for them emoticon
George S, modified 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 7:05 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 7:05 AM

They are Ponzi schemes. Apparent success of older members attracts newer members, who increase the size of the pie. Everyone appears to get what they want so long as no one tries to cash out. emoticon
genaro, modified 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 9:35 AM
Created 2 Years ago at 2/27/22 9:35 AM

Hi Kim...

sometime last year there was a similar anouncement of two fully realised buddhas. As far as I can remember "they agreed to keep schtumm until your book was published, and did not want publicity". (although as I can't find the orignal announcement I can't be sure)

This is the best I could do:

https://www.dharmaoverground.org/discussion/-/message_boards/message/23257227

which includes a link to:

https://openheartopenheart.blogspot.com/2021/09/living-buddhas-in-pemako-sangha.html?fbclid=IwAR2CYA0XzsXm02cBH7llk6d4GAkvKkEcE-UYppdpURj1YDP9vKKSC2pypWw

which I think was that announcement (Sep 26 2021)

which on inspection has been replaced entirely with the new anouncement (Feb 2022)

I just wonder what's the deal with the last two ... are they ok? (they seem to have been airbrushed from your web site)

Can you point me at/ find  that original announcement (sep 21)??

Breadcrumb