Gaylon Ferguson: recommended, despite caution with Shambala?

Ryan Lower, modified 1 Year ago at 4/30/22 10:06 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 4/30/22 10:06 PM

Gaylon Ferguson: recommended, despite caution with Shambala?

Gaylon Ferguson was recommended to me as a great teacher, despite the long list of controversies involving many teachers in Shambala in the past. Can anyone second, confirm, or deny this recommendation?

I'm considering the following retreat as while in North America this summer; any feedback, experience, warnings, or cautions would be greatly appreciated. 

Dorje Denma Ling Tibetan Shambala June 28 - July 27, 2022 Shamatha-Vipashyana Dathün (0r half Dathün either June 28 - July 13, 2022 OR July 13 - 27, 2022) Nova Scotia, CA https://dorjedenmaling.org/teachers-rg/ ... -ferguson/ 

​​​​​​​Thank you in advance.
T DC, modified 1 Year ago at 5/3/22 9:41 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 5/3/22 9:36 PM

RE: Gaylon Ferguson: recommended, despite caution with Shambala?

I was peripherally involved in Shambala for a few years and sat a half Dathun at SMC in 2013.  It was basically just a week of day-long sitting with one teacher interview and some basic instructions.  The teachings were pretty general (and minimal), and not particularly Shambalified, but that may depend on the teacher leading it. 

​​​​​​​Honestly though, if you feel comfortable doing a home / air bnb retreat I would save your money (or look elsewhere).  I can't speak for Gaylon Ferguson, but Shambala's pretty much radioactive at this point, and I personally would not be comfortable supporting them financially in any way.  My two cents - best of luck regardless!

Breadcrumb