RE: Reporting Fruition to Goenka AT?

Chunky R Dingo, modified 1 Year ago at 7/2/22 6:04 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 7/2/22 6:04 PM

Reporting Fruition to Goenka AT?

Hiya DHO,

Just curious if anyone has ever reported a fruition, weather that be path or review, to an AT (assistant teacher) on an S.N Goenka Course? Has anyone ever not reported a fruition to a Goenka A.T out of fear? If you have, how did they react? Were you on a 10 day, Long Course, Off Course check in? Any other aspect of interest? 

With Metta,
xBlackxWaterxGliderx
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 1 Year ago at 8/24/22 9:28 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 8/24/22 9:28 AM

I reported fruitions to the then head teacher of NZ Vipassana in Goenka tradition. Back in 2010 on this 10 day course: http://thehamiltonproject.blogspot.com/2011/06/yogis-journal-from-chronic-dark-night.html?m=1

He gave me very good advice. I don't think a normal AT would have. 
Robert Lydon, modified 1 Month ago at 3/3/24 9:11 PM
Created 1 Month ago at 3/3/24 9:11 PM

Who are these attending and assisting teachers? Is there a list somewhere? How do they get to that spot?

To answer, no I have not but I'm gonna bring up at my next retreat this month and will let you know how it goes.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 1 Month ago at 3/5/24 7:49 AM
Created 1 Month ago at 3/5/24 7:49 AM

Robert Lydon
hi!
Who are these attending and assisting teachers?
Probably on their website
Is there a list somewhere?
Probably on their website
How do they get to that spot?
You might ask them on the website
To answer, no I have not but I'm gonna bring up at my next retreat this month and will let you know how it goes.
To answer? Ummm, ya. You are not answering much.
You are diggin up this posts for what reason?
I'm commenting upon your comments for no good vague reason but in the future I'll ask somebody about stuff.
Good Luck,
~D
Robert Lydon, modified 19 Days ago at 3/31/24 3:33 PM
Created 19 Days ago at 3/31/24 3:33 PM

We'll I went on retreat and asked. He was a bit put off by my questions and resistant. His focus was on teaching the techniques and concepts surrounding the techniques. I asked a few questions prior which may have set the assistant teacher into a certain resistant reaction. They assume you are a beginner and treat you like one as they sit on high.

My conclusion is that it is not very helpful to report a Nibanna experience to an AT because they will just say "great, now do it again for good measure." Most teachers would likely say that as opposed to dogmatic scutiny like some on this form do, hem. I kinda agree with the advice. Replicate the approach and see what happens.

My opinion is that you don't need a phenomenology decriscription vetted by a "teacher", or random people on a forum that see this as their purpose, when it happens. The need will fall away as it is unmistakable. If uncertain, try again until certain. Be your own observer.

Dream Walker, do you ever wonder if you are controlling? Do you ever wonder where it comes from? Is it attachment and desire? Wish you the best on your path.

Breadcrumb