Maps and stuff

thumbnail
เอียน พิชฟอร์ด, modified 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 8:06 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 8:06 AM

Maps and stuff

I thought this might amuse you -- if nothing else. I scribbled down the core teachings of the Buddha on a big piece of paper because I thought it might make it easier to see the relationship between the (many) different lists of this and that. It's difficult to get such an overview, especially for beginners. It's in Pali to avoid problems with translation. There's a good collection of dictionaries at Sutta Central. The overview probably makes most sense in combination with this thread. There are some spelling mistakes.

thumbnail
JohnM, modified 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 8:45 AM
Created 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 8:45 AM

RE: Maps and stuff

This is cool! Any chance of a higher-res image? It's not so legible on my display. Thanks!
thumbnail
Pepe ·, modified 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 12:59 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 10/16/22 12:48 PM

RE: Maps and stuff

Hi Ian,

Interesting project. You would really honor it by making some kind of youtube video like this (I don't know the graphing method name in English). It would take some time, but it's worth the effort.

To be honest, naming terms only in Pali is snobbish, you could provide them in English too. Keep in mind that English is already the lingua franca of Buddhism for other western languages. In my case, I'm already making an effort just to understand English. 

​​​​​​​Cheers!