What would you call this experience?

Isak Tougaard, modified 1 Year ago at 11/9/22 4:06 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/9/22 4:06 PM

What would you call this experience?

TL;DR: Profoundly blissful, mildly loving mood that lasted for about three days, with very clear awareness and a silent mind that stopped thinking without effort. 

About ten years ago, I tripped on a moderate dose of psilocybin mushrooms combined with cannabis.
I entered an infinite loop type of suffering, where I couldnt find rest and kept mindlessly repeating three basic actions over and over and over.
Suddenly I stopped, instinctively took off all my clothes, went to bed and simply let go.
After some time when I got out of bed, everything was incredibly quiet. When I turned on music, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard, like I had never heard music before. I felt profoundly calm and blissful, and had no idea why.
Habitual thinking seemed to have vanished. Even if I did think about some things, thoughts stopped on their own - which is unusual for me.
I remember feeling very connected when I saw plants in nature, as if I belonged and the universe was one big loving unity.

What was that, and is it possible to recreate?
George S, modified 1 Year ago at 11/9/22 6:06 PM
Created 1 Year ago at 11/9/22 6:06 PM

RE: What would you call this experience?

Sounds like the bliss & peace that come from letting go. Similar effects can arise through jhana practice, though it would probably require a lot of practice to get to a similar level of intensity. 

Breadcrumb