Awakening to Reality

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 11 Years ago at 6/2/12 8:48 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/2/12 8:48 PM

Awakening to Reality

This might be some kind of idiosyncratic thing of mine, but this blog by the forum member An Eternal Now is just stunning to me. There seems to be a limitless supply of brilliant posts which he collects from all over the place.

The whole blog has a certain - in lack of a better word - direction that resonates very well with me and which I find very refreshing. The main contributors to the blog: An Eternal Now and Thusness - both having several other aliases - are clearly highly realized and the quality of anything posted on the blog is never any less than amazing.

What I do is look at the keywords on the right side and pick whatever I fancy at that moment - this after having finished the must-reads, which there are plenty of (not just the three listed).

If you like long (sometimes short), eloquent texts by people who clearly know what the fuck they are talking about, do yourself a favor and check it out: Awakening to Reality
Tom Tom, modified 11 Years ago at 6/3/12 12:58 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/3/12 12:57 AM

RE: Awakening to Reality

I'm pretty sure An Eternal Now posts on here sometimes. I have always assumed it was the same person that did the blog. Is this correct?
An Eternal Now, modified 11 Years ago at 6/3/12 1:25 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/3/12 1:25 AM

Stian Gudmundsen Høiland:
This might be some kind of idiosyncratic thing of mine, but this blog by the forum member An Eternal Now is just stunning to me. There seems to be a limitless supply of brilliant posts which he collects from all over the place.

The whole blog has a certain - in lack of a better word - direction that resonates very well with me and which I find very refreshing. The main contributors to the blog: An Eternal Now and Thusness - both having several other aliases - are clearly highly realized and the quality of anything posted on the blog is never any less than amazing.

What I do is look at the keywords on the right side and pick whatever I fancy at that moment - this after having finished the must-reads, which there are plenty of (not just the three listed).

If you like long (sometimes short), eloquent texts by people who clearly know what the fuck they are talking about, do yourself a favor and check it out: Awakening to Reality
Glad you liked it emoticon
Cloud A V:
I'm pretty sure An Eternal Now posts on here sometimes. I have always assumed it was the same person that did the blog. Is this correct?
Yup.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 7:14 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 7:14 AM

One off the problems with this site and others like it is despite the high realisation of the authors they fail to put their ideas and teachings into accessible language. Writing clearly is a difficult skill to master, so little wonder really as the concepts discussed are often beyond the scope of regular language!

I read the "must reads" and must sadly admit that most of it was way over my head. I'll be the first to admit to not being as intellectually smart as many of my fellow DhO'ers but even so, it would be great to have some of these things made easier to grasp by us numpties...
An Eternal Now, modified 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 8:30 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 8:27 AM

Terminology is a feedback I received from a friend who took a look at my e-book (he has no spiritual background). I considered it and decided to include a glossary in my e-book. My aim is that even those with 0 prior spiritual background or knowledge may find the book accessible. Terms like "luminosity", "presence", "emptiness" etc etc should all be clarified. Making this book easily understood is not an easy task, because some of the things in my e-book and blogs deal with the profound and subtle aspects of spiritual insight.

On the other hand, if you wish to clarify anything with me regarding the three "must read"s or any blog post at all which you find unclear or have any qns in mind, I will do my best to clarify.
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 1:53 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 1:53 PM

I read the "must reads" and must sadly admit that most of it was way over my head. I'll be the first to admit to not being as intellectually smart as many of my fellow DhO'ers but even so, it would be great to have some of these things made easier to grasp by us numpties...

I don't think it's down to anything lacking intellectually at your end, mate. It took me quite a while to really appreciate Thusness' model but it's well worth the effort, it's more about direct realization than the states/stages approach common on the DhO. I highly recommend starting with the "A Sun That Never Sets" post as the guy quoted gives these really useful, down-to-earth descriptions of things which are difficult to discuss.
Stian Gudmundsen Høiland, modified 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 2:57 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/4/12 2:52 PM

Tommy M:
It took me quite a while to really appreciate Thusness' model but it's well worth the effort, it's more about direct realization than the states/stages approach common on the DhO.

This.

They way I see it, most of the articles on the blog are there to underpin and support the views and practices that AEN and Thusness promote, and these views and practices are clarified further in the articles that are authored by AEN and Thusness.

I was going to recommend the same article that Tommy has mentioned, and also Experience, Realization, View, Practice and Fruition, which seems to be a very nicely structured summary of the views that are presented on the blog.

So, first grokking what they (AEN and Thusness) are all about by reading the "must reads" on the blog and the links mentioned so far in this thread, and then going deeper into it through the other articles that are posted there, that seems like the way to go about the blog.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 6/5/12 1:46 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 6/5/12 1:46 AM

Thanks everyone, these are on the reading list for today!

Breadcrumb