Videos: Newest are "The First Principle" and "Enlightenment Material"

Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 7:16 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/5/12 9:51 PM

Videos: Newest are "The First Principle" and "Enlightenment Material"

Hello everyone,

I have posted two new video teachings, entitled "The First Principle of Enlightenment" and "Enlightenment Material," on my website at http://www.fredhmeyermd.com/videos. I hope you will enjoy them, and find them helpful.

Also, you can now order my book, Don’t Give Up Until You Do: From Mindfulness to Realization on the Buddhist Path, on Amazon, as well as preview its contents using their "look inside" feature.

Yours in the Dharma,
Fred H. Meyer, MD
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 11 Years ago at 7/6/12 5:37 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/5/12 11:01 PM

RE: Videos: "Egolessness of Other" and "Nonduality"

Fred H Meyer:
Hello everyone,

I have posted two new video teachings, entitled "Egolessness of Other" and "Nonduality," on my website at http://www.fredhmeyermd.com/videos. I hope you will enjoy them, and find them helpful.

Also, you can now preorder my forthcoming book, Don’t Give Up Until You Do: From Mindfulness to Realization on the Buddhist Path, on Amazon, as well as preview its contents using their "look inside" feature. I hope you enjoy this sneak peek; the full book will be published on August 8.

Yours in the Dharma,
Fred H. Meyer, MD

Hi Fred,

Would you be able to post all your announcements in one thread? It would be much better for those interested in your info if it was all in one place, instead of starting a thread for every thing you wish to offer every time you wish to offer it. Otherwise it gets lost in the threads that fall below page 1. It would also avoid seeming like you are spamming this site to sell a book.

Sincerely,

Nick (moderator).
thumbnail
Tommy M, modified 11 Years ago at 7/6/12 2:58 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/6/12 2:58 PM

I wonder if it might be worth giving Fred a category of his own in the "Teachers" section? His stuff seems legit to me and I quite like his approach so this might provide a mutually agreeable solution, Fred can post his material and hopefully get into some more public discussion of his take on things.

I don't have admin capabilities and I don't know if everyone would agree to the suggestion, after all most of us only know Fred via his 'hit n' run' posts [1] and we don't have a great deal of information from the guy. What's everyone else's thinking on this? If it's a viable suggestion, I can email Dan and ask him if it'd be possible.

[1] No offence, Fred, I hope you can appreciate why I'd describe your interactions so far using this choice of phrase.

Tommy (another moderator) emoticon
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 7/6/12 4:38 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/6/12 4:36 PM

and hopefully get into some more public discussion of his take on things.

He's already said he's not inclined to respond on message boards (or something to that effect) and so far no one has been particularly inclined to discuss the material with or without him.

Surely it's enough to just have a pointer to his website. Those that want to read/watch can.

If everyone with a blog posted here every time they updated it, it would seriously weaken the signal to noise ratio.
Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 9:41 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/12/12 9:41 PM

Hello Nick, Tommy, and Bagpuss,

Yes, I'll update this page weekly with new videos rather than creating new posts each time.

Tommy, I appreciate the idea to be added to the "Teachers" section, and the kind words; but I don't think I'd want to participate much there, at least not at the moment.

Best wishes to the three of you.

Yours in the Dharma,
Fred H. Meyer, MD
Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 7/19/12 8:20 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/19/12 8:20 PM

RE: Videos: Newest are "Enlightened Attitude" and "Enlighten

Hello all,

I've posted two new videos: "Enlightened Attitude" and "Enlightened Conduct."

Best wishes,
Fred H. Meyer, MD
Fred H Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 7:18 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 7/27/12 7:18 PM

RE: Videos: Newest are "Enlightened Attitude" and "Enlighten

Hello all,

I've posted two new videos: "The First Principle of Enlightenment" and "Enlightenment Material." These are the last in the original series of sixteen videos I developed. I hope this series has been helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Fred H. Meyer, MD

Breadcrumb