RE: Fear post stream entry?

thumbnail
Fitter Stoke, modified 11 Years ago at 1/24/13 2:52 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/24/13 2:52 PM

Robin Woods:
Is the Fear one would experience in the DN post stream entry more all encompasssing/ 'deeper' than pre? Or is it easier to deal with cos you've already encountered that territory before? Sincere question. I just don't know what to do with myself now. X

Dark night varies drastically for different people at different parts of the path. In my own case, dark night after stream-entry was composed more of frustration than fear. As with most things, YMMV.

Are you trying to figure out whether what you're experiencing now is path-related or something else?
Robin Woods, modified 11 Years ago at 1/24/13 3:08 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/24/13 3:08 PM

Fitter Stoke:
Robin Woods:
Is the Fear one would experience in the DN post stream entry more all encompasssing/ 'deeper' than pre? Or is it easier to deal with cos you've already encountered that territory before? Sincere question. I just don't know what to do with myself now. X

Dark night varies drastically for different people at different parts of the path. In my own case, dark night after stream-entry was composed more of frustration than fear. As with most things, YMMV.

Are you trying to figure out whether what you're experiencing now is path-related or something else?

I managed to delete my original post somehow like a klutz....

I'm post SE and just wondering whether I should continue with this or just try and forget about it i guess. I love the feeling of walking around post access concentration but am scared of what might happen if I continue with this?
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 1:36 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 1:36 AM

My worst Dark Night ever was the first Review cycle after stream entry: totally over the top, lasted a few hours, then dissipated, got a repeat Fruition, and then subsequent cycles still involved the stages, but they were not nearly as bad, and rapidly became a near non-issue, and I even called up the Dark Night stages just by naming the numbers in my head as I got good at them, like going on a roller coaster you bought a ticked for just to see what that felt like, and subsequent new Dark Nights were irritating but not as bad, and cycle after cycle they got better and better.
Robin Woods, modified 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 10:07 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 10:07 AM

Daniel M. Ingram:
My worst Dark Night ever was the first Review cycle after stream entry: totally over the top, lasted a few hours, then dissipated, got a repeat Fruition, and then subsequent cycles still involved the stages, but they were not nearly as bad, and rapidly became a near non-issue, and I even called up the Dark Night stages just by naming the numbers in my head as I got good at them, like going on a roller coaster you bought a ticked for just to see what that felt like, and subsequent new Dark Nights were irritating but not as bad, and cycle after cycle they got better and better.

Would it be possible to generalize and say that cycling becomes gradually less bad the further one gets down the path 'til one gets to the stage where one is just riding up the arc like they do on KFD? Or does it not play out like this for everyone? My stream entry review cycling has really scared me about continuing at all with this....
Be Free Now, modified 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 3:07 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 1/31/13 3:07 PM

In my experience, there is just less and less resistance to the way things are, and to suffering in general. We just realize how fear and craving and self-centeredness leads to more suffering.

When we realize we don't want to suffer like we used to, we just stop doing the things that cause regret, restlessness, fear, etc. Not that we become perfect, but we are more OK with the way things are, the way we are, the way things just come and go, the way the body is running towards old age, sickness, and death. Although we do things to alleviate as much pain and suffering as possible, we start to realize that we are not the only ones in pain and in suffering.

We focus more on how we can help others come out of their suffering. We realize that when others come out of suffering, we come out of suffering. We start giving more and loving more and just being a kind person in general.

When I sit now and the mind is racing, I just surrender to whatever is happening. I used to struggle against the thinking mind, but now I realize that struggling against it is what causes it to have power. However, I find that I do follow intentions with good motivations more instead of just ignoring them and letting them pass. Ha, there is still ignorance.

Be Happy!
Chi