Book: "Don't Give Up Until You Do"

Frederick Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 2/3/13 2:13 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/3/13 2:13 PM

Book: "Don't Give Up Until You Do"

Hi all,

There's a recently published book called Don't Give Up Until You Do: From Mindfulness to Realization on the Buddhist Path that, as the title suggests, has a pretty robust ("hardcore?") approach to the teachings. Here's an excerpt:

Buddhist practitioners rarely give personal accounts of their realization experiences, since this invites both skepticism and the perception that they may be seeking attention. This book is less reserved on the subject. The fruitions of Buddhism are as crucial as the teachings and practices that lead to them, and should be discussed as openly. Furthermore, one of the book’s major purposes is to democratize realization, to show that regular people like you and me can attain it; that it is not the exclusive province of the robed, titled, or “chosen,” as many people believe. We all have a mind, and mind is both what experiences realization and what is realized, so we all have everything we need to attain the highest levels of insight.

So I thought you might find the author a kindred spirit. He's my dad and I love him very dearly, so that's a start for a testimonial.

If anyone likes, I'd be happy to continue posting book excerpts in this thread. Also, if you want to see what the author is like, he's posted a series of videos on YouTube under the username "tsultrimserri".

Best wishes,
Frederick
Derek, modified 11 Years ago at 2/3/13 2:54 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/3/13 2:54 PM

RE: Book: "Don't Give Up Until You Do"

Looks good. I just went ahead and bought the Kindle edition. It's good to find intelligent writing about Buddhism.
thumbnail
Bagpuss The Gnome, modified 11 Years ago at 2/4/13 2:02 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/4/13 2:02 AM

Does he have a website?
Frederick Meyer, modified 11 Years ago at 2/4/13 11:40 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/4/13 11:40 AM

Bagpuss The Gnome:
Does he have a website?

Hi Bagpuss,

Yes, it's fredhmeyermd.com.
thumbnail
Scot Ward, modified 11 Years ago at 3/4/13 1:46 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 3/4/13 1:46 AM

Don't have that much knowledge about the website, but I have read this book, its very interesting and very useful thoughts have been published in this book.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The purchase price of the property is known as prix achat.

Breadcrumb