Yesterday, blinding white light. Today, multi-colored visualizations

Dee Miller, modified 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 9:23 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 9:23 PM

Yesterday, blinding white light. Today, multi-colored visualizations

Lately I've been going back between Re-obeservation and the early stages of Equanimity. Yesterday for the first time I experienced a blinding white light during meditation. It came from the center of my forehead and it felt like I had a hole there. Just now, while lying in bed and doing choiceless awareness, I came across rapidly changing visualizations in the same spot. The visualizations vibrate, are colorful, and don't change position as my eyes move.

In the long run, I know getting lost in this sort of thing isn't important to insight, but it's pretty mind-blowing nonetheless, and I wonder what it is.
thumbnail
Daniel M Ingram, modified 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 9:39 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 9:39 PM

RE: Yesterday, blinding white light. Today, multi-colored visualizatio

Sure your recent transitions weren't Three Characteristics to A&P? They can easily seem like Dark Night to Equanimity. Bright Lights and the sort of thing you describe are very, very A&P-esque, nearly totally diagnostic, perhaps really totally diagnostic, in fact.
Dee Miller, modified 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:01 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:01 PM

I don't think it was A&P because I believe I have already gone through a lot of the earlier things described in your book. For example, you describe the physical manifestations of the Three Characteristics, as described in your book, are something that happened to me a few months ago. I don't recall having an A&P event, but I did have a couple times when I experienced very intense paranoia, which I associate with Fear. At some point in the past, my concentration became very tight, but recently it has been very 'panoramic' at times.

I'm aware I could just be making my experiences fit a story, but unless I'm really kidding myself, I think I'm further than A&P.
Dee Miller, modified 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:09 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:09 PM

Hmm, now I'm reading your description of the Arising and Passing Away, and it seems very familiar to what I've been experiencing lately.
Dee Miller, modified 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:48 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 2/17/13 10:35 PM

Also, in the past couple weeks, there have been a few times where I had the distinct sensation that my concentration was happening on its own (I posted a description of this when it first happened), and yesterday I was having a lot of bodily sensations similar to the ones I was having a few months ago.

Breadcrumb