"God Helmet" and the Neuroscience of Enlightenment

Jason R, modified 11 Years ago at 4/4/13 11:24 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/4/13 11:16 PM

"God Helmet" and the Neuroscience of Enlightenment

Dr. Persinger, an acclaimed neuroscientist, has co-created the "God Helmet" which induces vision of God or other entities, depending on one's cultural influences. It's been featured on some Nat Geo and History documentaries.

In relation, I recently saw a fascinating series by Dr. Persingers protege, of videos about the neurobiology of enlightenment here:

The NeuroScience of Enlightenment, self, and Shakti

This was posted on a thread on the DhO about Past Lives. My question is if anyone has used the Shakti or Shiva consumer systems that have been for sale for a few years now. They were created on the same Science as the God Helmet.

The Shiva system boosts or reveals psychic abilities to many users:

Psychic Skills and using Shakti

Of the small amount of information from reviews I can find on the web, there are only positive ones that speak of telepathy, pre-cognition, enhanced meditation, assistance with experiences of enlightenment (rigpa) and OBE. However, I would like to at least ask if any of you can provide your experience with them, as it's a bit spendy. Here is the product details page if you want a quick run-down without watching the video:

Shakti and Shiva

It's important to note that I wasn't on the lookout for anything like this. My meditations are going well, and I'm actually a bit of a naturalist, in that I prefer to do things naturally when it comes to spirituality. But I am always open to anything that can improve my practice, and this was beyond compelling.

Let me know your thoughts!
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 9:09 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 9:09 AM

RE: "God Helmet" and the Neuroscience of Enlightenment

Howdy,
i've never used any of these devices but have read some reviews of them. they seem to be hit or miss meaning that not all participants in the studies nor home users have consistent results. what are the claimed results? varying degrees of selfless feelings, feelings of oneness up to feeling the presence of "god".

my take on these things are that they temporary and while interesting are only "feel god" devices and thus are like LSD or other reality bending substances which might give you a peek behind the curtain but not help throw the curtain back.

bon chance

tom
Jason R, modified 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 10:56 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 10:56 AM

tom moylan:
Howdy,
i've never used any of these devices but have read some reviews of them. they seem to be hit or miss meaning that not all participants in the studies nor home users have consistent results. what are the claimed results? varying degrees of selfless feelings, feelings of oneness up to feeling the presence of "god".

my take on these things are that they temporary and while interesting are only "feel god" devices and thus are like LSD or other reality bending substances which might give you a peek behind the curtain but not help throw the curtain back.

bon chance

tom

Thanks for taking the time to review the post, your response and thoughts. Your thoughts were mine when I first began research at the beginning of the week. But check this out:

No More Secrets: The Future of Interconnectedness and Communication
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 12:18 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/5/13 12:18 PM

Hi Jason,
i love this stuff, thanks for that link. that said, i don't think that it really speaks to my points directly. there are many topics he mentions which i am familiar with and others that are really interesting but it is a very general talk about having access to "all" information in other peoples brains, not as to whether there are permanent changes induced by his technology.

A really interesting point he brings up during the q&a is that much of the "baseline" paranormal activity in the "population" is no longer accessible due to the background noise of the modern communication "smog" (my term).

the most general theme of interest , to me, that he doesn't really touch on is that of "where" conciousness resides. is the brain a "receiver" or a "generator" of conciousness. this boy mind phenomena is really cool.

my personal suspicion is that we are usually experiencing a multi-dimensional set of phenomena, the 4D aspects of which are predominant. he does mention entanglement in his talk which baffles all of the physicists. i am sure that from a a 5D+ perspective, the function of things like "entaglement" or "the measurement paradox" would be obvious.
Jason R, modified 11 Years ago at 4/6/13 7:08 PM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/6/13 7:08 PM

Hi Tom,

I apologize. This is all very new information to me, and I was momentarily whisked away by the fascination. You're right that the talk I linked doesn't mention permanent shifts. However, I do think this technology will eventually play a big role in the enlightenment of the human race at large. Especially the "empathic population" he eludes to.

I also find it interesting that he doesn't directly address "where" consciousness resides. I hav sadly heard the best explanations given by Deepak Chopra.

Will write more when back to PC.

PS "something" urged me to buy one of the shakti devices. There is so little research and reviews on it. I never buy into this stuff, but something tells me I can use this technology to open many individuals to the dharma. Will report back my findings. I should have it within the next two weeks.
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 11 Years ago at 4/7/13 8:27 AM
Created 11 Years ago at 4/7/13 8:27 AM

Jason R:
I apologize.

Ha, no need amigo. I think its great that you are interested in this kind of thing. I am of the opinion that everything which was thrown into the "spiritual" box will be incrementally "scientifically" uncloaked to reveal that it was only our ignorance which held up that curtain to begin with. Way back when, when there was no such thing as "the scientific method", logic was nevertheless employed by the observers of inner and outer reality. It was only relatively late that the false dichotomy of "science and religion" was brought into play.

The materialist model will (has already been to my mind) be shown to be a woefully inadequate attempt to explain reality completely. Everyone here knows that.

Have a blast!

tom

Breadcrumb