I believe I have reached enlightenment

Justin Riley Harris, modified 10 Years ago at 11/11/13 10:25 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/11/13 10:25 PM

I believe I have reached enlightenment

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my claim. My name is Justin and I am 25 years old. I have lived my whole entire life with a physical deformity that caused my arms to be about an inch and a half shorter than what they are suppose to be. This has caused me tremendous amount of suffering which has lead me to where I am today, enlightened I believe. I started reading into Buddhism and meditating about two years ago. My enlightenment occurred this weekend after having an amazing time at the Renaissance Festival. Throughout my teen years I was quite heavy into psychedelics and would have such a great time on them. I had no worries and was always having fun. As I got older I began to question the fun, and wonder if this was genuinely a gift from our creator or if it was just something that appeared fun, but ultimately causes problems down the road. This led me to have multiple bad experiences while on psychedelics. Well finally, as I learned Buddhism, I decided not to partake in any tripping activities ever again. I was tired of the feeling and didn't want to do anything harmful to my body anymore. I was good up until this past weekend, when I was invited to the Faire with some friends. I took a psychedelic and began to have a bad trip. Worrying, am I a bad person for doing this? Is this killing me? Constantly, I was debating whether or not I should have taken the trip. I looked like a mess to any outside person I'm sure. After about 5 hours of debating with myself if I am doing the right thing, I remember that Buddha said something to the effect of, "He who walks into the woods to meditate, is Buddha." As soon as I remember that, I see a path heading straight into the woods surrounding the Faire campgrounds. I thought to myself after all this mediation could it seriously be this easy? So, instead of debating whether or not I was doing something right or wrong, I decided to just drop it and meditate. I walked deep into the woods, mind you I was still heavily tripping, I sat down, and began to try and concentrate on my breath. It was difficult because my mind kept pulling me to the drug and the thoughts I was having. But after about 10 seconds I finally had a grasp on my in and out breath. Then clarity SWEPT over me, I had a visual thought of a check mark being checked, and visuals of everything I have ever gone through having a purpose and that someone or something has noticed the troubles I have been through and how I have went about solving them and they appreciate me. Someone acknowledged my suffering when I was out there. I immediately began running back to my campsite with a sense of happiness that I can't explain. I couldn't stop from smiling and it felt like I was a kid again running through the woods jumping over broken branches. It was definitely the most intense spiritual experience I have ever had.
thumbnail
Beoman Claudiu Dragon Emu Fire Golem, modified 10 Years ago at 11/11/13 11:06 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/11/13 11:06 PM

RE: I believe I have reached enlightenment

Line breaks, my friend - learn to use them and use them well.
Justin Riley Harris, modified 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:10 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:10 AM

Hehe, my apologies.. I hope the message is still clear. :/
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:30 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:30 AM

AP or another pseudonym. Can't decide.

Nick
thumbnail
Nikolai , modified 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:39 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 12:34 AM

Nikolai .:
AP or another pseudonym. Can't decide.

Nick

Read MCTB in the wiki then come back and say what you can relate to in it.

All I see is a wall of words and a nice experience in the woods. Possibly an A & P glimpse but not mastery, what makes a lot of people think they are 'enlightened' or whatever that means to you. Way more info needed like what your current practice is like, what perception is like etc

Nick
Adam , modified 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 10:10 AM
Created 10 Years ago at 11/12/13 10:10 AM

Hello and thanks for taking a look at my claim. My name is Justin and I am 25 years old. I have lived my whole entire life with a physical deformity that caused my arms to be about an inch and a half shorter than what they are suppose to be. This has caused me tremendous amount of suffering which has lead me to where I am today, enlightened I believe. I started reading into Buddhism and meditating about two years ago. My enlightenment occurred this weekend after having an amazing time at the Renaissance Festival. Throughout my teen years I was quite heavy into psychedelics and would have such a great time on them. I had no worries and was always having fun.

As I got older I began to question the fun, and wonder if this was genuinely a gift from our creator or if it was just something that appeared fun, but ultimately causes problems down the road. This led me to have multiple bad experiences while on psychedelics. Well finally, as I learned Buddhism, I decided not to partake in any tripping activities ever again. I was tired of the feeling and didn't want to do anything harmful to my body anymore. I was good up until this past weekend, when I was invited to the Faire with some friends. I took a psychedelic and began to have a bad trip. Worrying, am I a bad person for doing this? Is this killing me?

Constantly, I was debating whether or not I should have taken the trip. I looked like a mess to any outside person I'm sure. After about 5 hours of debating with myself if I am doing the right thing, I remember that Buddha said something to the effect of, "He who walks into the woods to meditate, is Buddha." As soon as I remember that, I see a path heading straight into the woods surrounding the Faire campgrounds. I thought to myself after all this mediation could it seriously be this easy? So, instead of debating whether or not I was doing something right or wrong, I decided to just drop it and meditate. I walked deep into the woods, mind you I was still heavily tripping, I sat down, and began to try and concentrate on my breath. It was difficult because my mind kept pulling me to the drug and the thoughts I was having. But after about 10 seconds I finally had a grasp on my in and out breath.

Then clarity SWEPT over me, I had a visual thought of a check mark being checked, and visuals of everything I have ever gone through having a purpose and that someone or something has noticed the troubles I have been through and how I have went about solving them and they appreciate me. Someone acknowledged my suffering when I was out there. I immediately began running back to my campsite with a sense of happiness that I can't explain. I couldn't stop from smiling and it felt like I was a kid again running through the woods jumping over broken branches. It was definitely the most intense spiritual experience I have ever had.

Hey, wait a few weeks and decide whether what you experienced is worth calling enlightenment.

Breadcrumb