Squashed frogs, and hedonism

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/17/14 1:38 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/17/14 1:38 PM

Squashed frogs, and hedonism

As far as I can tell right now, the secret buddhadharma is actually that you should do whatever you want.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 10 Years ago at 3/17/14 1:43 PM
Created 10 Years ago at 3/17/14 1:43 PM

RE: Squashed frogs, and hedonism

I saw a squashed frog during a walk today. It reminded me of two things. You know how kids run around when they are little and squash bugs. There is a kind of pleasant glee that comes from watching those little things pop.

Well, this frog was really smashed good. It had guts spilling all over the place...

This I feel is compassion.

Love is seeing that poor little guy and realizing that he is smashed to smithereens. Completely annihilated, yet whole somehow.

I don't know,,,just some thoughts.
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 2/5/15 1:07 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/5/15 1:07 PM

I have experienced a bit of dryness in my practice lately, and I have decided to take a day for myself and give myself a chance to feel the thrill of being alive. I am doing this for the sake of sentient beings so hopefully my negligence towards chores and other practical pursuits will not be in vain.
I realize that being negligent can have consequences, and am ready to face up to that.

A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 2/5/15 1:15 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 2/5/15 1:15 PM

What I am noticing is that given the opportunity to "have fun," I usually end up just sitting around doing nothing