Bulletproof coffee

thumbnail
Rednaxela, modified 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 3:50 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 3:50 PM

Bulletproof coffee

Hi,

Over the last few 3-4 months I've been drinking bulletproof coffee in which i add Ghee and MCT oil to fresh ground coffee.  I've had trouble with coffee previously but find this concoction easy to drink with no letdown. 

I generally feel great after drinking it though two young daughters and a finance job usually prevent me from sitting right away.  But i would generally conclude that it has helped my performance on and off the cushion, and fits well with a high fat/low carb diet.

Does anyone else have any experience with BP coffee?

* I do not wish to promote the commercial interests of Dave Asprey but should credit him with its promotion.  He has a popular podcast and says he came up with the idea for Bulletproof coffee after seeing Tibetans drink yak butter tea.  

Alex  
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 4:34 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 4:34 PM

RE: Bulletproof coffee

Yes, I drink Butter and Coconut/mct oil coffee every morning before sitting. I usually drink about 6 oz of half calf made in the aeropress. I find caffeine helps as much as it hinders meditation depending on the time of day and stage you are at. The effects are not apparent until you try to settle the mind down only to find it hopped up too much. I check in about 15 minutes before the sit and if I'm too stimulated I can always add some L-Theanine to the stack. This calms me down nicely without any sleepiness. If you have not tried L-theanine give it a shot for a perfect synergistic effect.
I do like Dave's body/mind hacking podcasts. I'm taking the vitamin list he recommends as well as the advanced list. I really like liquid CoQ10 and PQQ for a long effect energy boost to the mitochondria.
Meditation is the ultimate hack but there are so many others to look into.
Good luck
~D
thumbnail
Rednaxela, modified 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 10:25 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/8/14 10:24 PM

RE: Bulletproof coffee (Answer)

Yes I drink a lot of green tea which I believe supposedly has the L-theanine you refer to. 

I should mention that that my longest and best mediations usually happen in the early morning before I've has anything. But I think that just reflects when I can sit as everyone's asleep. 

Anyway I'm enjoying low carb clarity most days and the coffee definitely helps me function in life

thanks for sharing your experience. I will look into PQQ
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 8/9/14 2:20 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 8/9/14 2:20 AM

thumbnail
Piers M, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 10:28 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 10:28 AM

Lawrence Sheperd, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 11:18 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 11:18 AM

Alex L.:
Yes I drink a lot of green tea which I believe supposedly has the L-theanine you refer to. 

I should mention that that my longest and best mediations usually happen in the early morning before I've has anything. But I think that just reflects when I can sit as everyone's asleep. 

Anyway I'm enjoying low carb clarity most days and the coffee definitely helps me function in life

thanks for sharing your experience. I will look into PQQ
I, too, have been following a "paleo" (so-called) diet. It is truly amazing the difference in mental clarity. I have always been hypoglycemic/borderline diabetic, and the reduction in carbohydrate from drastically cutting back on cereal grains and beans has made a huge difference for the better.

I definately want to try the BP coffee. Thanks for the heads up and to others for the links.
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 1:36 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 1:34 PM

Piers M:

Read it. Very slanted. Why is lauric acid so wonderful? Cause they searched alibaba? Wow....Sounds like they sell coconut oil for a living.
Not that they are wrong at all....just very unimformative and very biased
That said I'll probaby go back to adding more coconut oil to the coffee to stretch the mct to last longer
thumbnail
Kurt, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 4:51 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 4:51 PM

Breadcrumb