Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

thumbnail
Braxton, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 3:45 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 3:45 PM

Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

Hey Guys,
So I have a fair amount of experience with all of the Brahmaviharas and doing other techniques recommended by Shinzen. His are known as "Nurture Positive" and are a little different, but I get that it is at least in the same ball park. Recently I have had an uproar of rage, loneliness, and suffering in my daily life. It feels as if there is a clenching in my gut, I start to sweat, and it feels like my heart is burning. I've been primarily working with choice-less awareness lately, which I use, but my teacher suggested I start incorperating more loving-kindness-ish practices right now. 

Typically I feel fairly all over the place with my Brahmaviharas-ish stuff. I'll be using the phrase "May I open to uncondintional love" and feeling love, then doing traditional metta phrases, then if I start crying and having rage uproars using the phrase "May my suffering be held with compassion." I think working in this way is having benificial results, but I'de like to simplify and have a more concentrated Brahmavihara-ish (as in pragmatic heart opening techniques) sits. Any tips on doing this with the emotions I mentioned above coming up? Sometimes I just don't have the motivation to do loving kindness and go back to choiceless awareness, but really feel some heart practices would be helpful right now. 
thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 4:07 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/12/14 4:07 PM

RE: Concentrated Brahmavihara Techniques

Jeremy May, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 12:00 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 12:00 AM

Dream walker, where did you get the anu gif?
thumbnail
Braxton, modified 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 10:16 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 9/13/14 10:16 PM

Dream Walker:

I had in the past, but just refreshed myself on it now. Really interesting stuff, thanks. I'm considering getting into some more devotional practices and someone had a link to Reggie Ray's Boddhichita practice which seem cool. 

Breadcrumb