4nd ten-fetter path claim

P K, modified 6 Years ago at 3/8/18 12:14 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/6/15 10:47 AM

4nd ten-fetter path claim

thumbnail
Dream Walker, modified 9 Years ago at 1/7/15 12:01 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/7/15 12:01 AM

RE: 2nd ten-fetter path claim (or 4th MCTB)

Paweł K:
After restlessly going at it like madman I believe I increased my path counter from 1st to 2nd. I attained 1st path more than year ago and described it here Now was basically the same thing but only about everything else that was left.
Congratulations! (claps with one hand) Nicely done. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm gonna have to look back thru your threads a bit and see what I can learn. I've always enjoyed reading your take on how things are unfolding.
Enjoy
~D
Oochdd, modified 9 Years ago at 1/7/15 7:44 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/7/15 7:44 AM

Ha, you make getting enlightened sound like a lot of fun emoticon

I've been getting glimpses of this the last couple of weeks: seeing consciousness itself as not-self, etc, and also have been experiencing a lot of general bliss, and random giggles throughout the day. It all is a funny confusion we're suffering from isn't it? 
Oochdd, modified 9 Years ago at 1/8/15 2:32 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/8/15 2:32 AM

Very interesting, thanks! Although most of it seems above my current level of practice, I will see if I can have a good conversation with my teddy bear one of these days emoticon

What I'm curious about though: what methods have you found that will prevent fruitions/cycling from arising? From a map point of view it almost seems as if you work upto High Equanimity and then instead of getting a fruition and starting new cycles, you just stay in High Equanimity and deepen and deepen it. High equanimity seems to be where most of the important insights occur, so it may actually make sense to try to hang out there for as long as possible.

So I wonder if you have any tips on how to prevent fruitions and cycling (maybe could be an interesting post of its own)
thumbnail
tom moylan, modified 9 Years ago at 1/8/15 2:48 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/8/15 2:48 AM

Congratulations and thanks to you Pawel!

The excellent and clear descriptions as well as your dedication and fearlessness are admirable as is your joyful attitude.  I always find something in your posts that is inspirational and instructive.

cheers
thumbnail
Jenny, modified 9 Years ago at 1/9/15 4:47 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/9/15 4:47 PM

Awesome write-up, Pawel. Thanks so much for taking the time to write out your insights for the teddies that can't taste your candy. emoticon
thumbnail
Jenny, modified 9 Years ago at 1/11/15 11:24 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/11/15 11:24 PM

Pawel, you are making me hungry for it! emoticon

BTW, I'm trying to PM you, but for some reason I cannot find your screen name in the list of members. Do you mind sending a message to me?
A Dietrich Ringle, modified 9 Years ago at 1/15/15 2:07 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/15/15 2:04 PM

Oochdd:
Very interesting, thanks! Although most of it seems above my current level of practice, I will see if I can have a good conversation with my teddy bear one of these days emoticon

What I'm curious about though: what methods have you found that will prevent fruitions/cycling from arising? From a map point of view it almost seems as if you work upto High Equanimity and then instead of getting a fruition and starting new cycles, you just stay in High Equanimity and deepen and deepen it. High equanimity seems to be where most of the important insights occur, so it may actually make sense to try to hang out there for as long as possible.

So I wonder if you have any tips on how to prevent fruitions and cycling (maybe could be an interesting post of its own)

I actually did this two years ago. I was in retreat mode and pushed eq to the point of spending several stints in a mental hospital (which were hellish, but I don't regret). Using an aid like a drug in meditation practice will in my experience cause cycling to minimize and fruitions to become much more sparse, but in my case they did help maintain eq and possibly life in a broader sense as I was pretty skin and bones.
mikko, modified 9 Years ago at 1/25/15 8:03 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/25/15 8:03 AM

Hi Pawel,
I can certainly relate to not spending too much time on the cushion. I've done quite a bit of on the cushion work in recent times taking time to learn samatha jhanas and anapanasati. Previously I've been mostly "abiding in the here and now" basically having some concentration on the visual field in order to experience senses without the cloud of thoughts. E.g. walking down the street and focusing on the visual field, sounds around me, or sensations of the body.

At some point I tried Shinzen Youngs noting on visual field basically whenever you are looking at something new noting it. It somehow felt very artificial and wasn't that fun to do so I didn't keep it up.

Could you expand a little bit on your off the cushion work especially pre-stream entry?
thumbnail
Jenny, modified 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 7:51 AM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 7:51 AM

It somehow felt very artificial and wasn't that fun to do so I didn't keep it up.

Why do you assume that practice should be "fun"? Suffering is one of the Three Characteristics that you must know intimately for practice to be sound and work. When it comes up, that is a practice opportunity. As Daniel has reminded me from time to time, it is amazing what lengths people will go to in order to avoid necessary investigation of suffering.

Derek, modified 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 4:43 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 4:43 PM

RE: 4nd ten-fetter path claim

Paweł K:

Now how do I give rainbow taste to others? I guess I will have to somehow figure it out...

The answer is in the passage you quoted. "There is no need to plan or contemplate how best to benefit others, since bodhisattvas on the eighth level automatically react correctly to every situation." Or as it says in the Bible, "Do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say" (Matthew 10:19).
thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 4:58 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/21/15 4:58 PM

Paweł K:

Now how do I give rainbow taste to others? I guess I will have to somehow figure it out...
mmm. I bet rainbows taste good! sign me up when you figure that "giving to others" out!!
Derek, modified 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 7:07 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 7:07 AM

Paweł, about a year ago, someone asked you for a chakra reading over Skype. I thought at the time that that would be a popular service. Did you ever do that Skype session? How did it go?
thumbnail
b man, modified 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 3:39 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 6/22/15 3:39 PM

Paweł K:
I already did some preliminary work toward it Liberate your senses from yourself!

Basic idea is to not force things and wait for some part of mind that really like some activity to do it. I there are some parts of mind that are ecstatic about colors and it is theirs joy that is being felt. Only issue is that with disconnected and blocked mind it is harder than it sounds, thus necessity for all the opening and other methods and internal behavioral changes.

ok thanks. I had a quick read, but I think I am too tired tonight, as there is quite a lot to take in. I will have a go at it soon and report back. 

Breadcrumb