Not sure what stage I am at - maybe you can help from the logs?

thumbnail
b man, modified 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 4:36 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 4:35 PM

Not sure what stage I am at - maybe you can help from the logs?

Hi Guys, 

Ive been using an App to track my sitting practice and have sat every morning for the last couple of months and been recording notes here.....

Morning Vipassana Notes - https://www.coach.me/users/0f477862199813a5de59/7562

and then I started sittign in the evenign and recorded the notes here 

Evening Vipassana Notes - https://www.coach.me/users/0f477862199813a5de59/7563

Ive been practicing for nearly 4 years now, and have had periods where I have meditated alot but this is the first time that I have managed to string this kind of regular practice together, day in, day out, without missing a day or evening, and always sitting, even if its for a short time. Ive been seeing that the regularity of sitting means that my concerntration and focus has become strong and thefore each sitting is quite potent as the momentum has been building. I've been finding that around 20 minutes in the evening and the same in the morning is about as much as I can handle without things starting to fall apart. I seem to be cycling through these periods where everything is fine and then I will go through a week-10 days where things are really rough and I have what feels like a cross between a big detox and the flu. These symptoms were coming after a big period of meditation, normally when I had some time off work, so it was usually cycling to this about every 3 to 6 months, but since I have been sitting every morning and evening it seems to have speeded up that cycle and I have had the second "bad week" in two months since I started. 

Ive been doing a mix of scanning, noting and sometimes just sitting and giving my attention to what comes up.

Any insights and comments welcome, 

I am also looking for a teacher in North or Central London so if anyone knows anyone suitable that would be great. 

Best wishes, 

Will 
x x, modified 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 6:09 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/30/15 6:07 PM

RE: Not sure what stage I am at - maybe you can help from the logs?

Any particular emotions dominating your sits? Your reports seem to focus on the physical and "thoughts" in general, but what's the flavor of your mind?

For what it's worth, I'd guess post A&P with plenty of experiences of EQ and dark night. But I've only read a little of your log.
thumbnail
b man, modified 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 12:34 PM
Created 9 Years ago at 1/31/15 12:34 PM

RE: Not sure what stage I am at - maybe you can help from the logs?

x x:
Any particular emotions dominating your sits? Your reports seem to focus on the physical and "thoughts" in general, but what's the flavor of your mind?

Hi XX, 

yeah a real range of emotions come up but most during different sits. Sometimes on longer sits I will experience different emotions come and go. Recently I can remember sadness coming up a few times, agitation and restlessness, general aversion (to pain mostly), joy and peace. Sometimes after sitting I get strong depression will come up and also in the past, but less recently, anger. 

Breadcrumb