Unknown Experience

thumbnail
old dried leaf, modified 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 4:17 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:05 PM

Unknown Experience

During sitting meditation, I began feeling a increasingly strong experience within my body.  The experience started in my lower body and gradually increased in strength while simultaneously gradually rising up my body until reaching the inside of my head.  The experience was tactile, but not tingling, pleasurable, or painful--it was only neutral.  Its tactile quality was ethereal, it seemed to feel closest to a pressure rising up through my body.  My eyelids were closed, a faint light seemed to brighten and dim at its offset.  This lasted about a minute, and ended with the light and the pressure just disappearing, seemingly like evaporation.  What was that?

If you would like more information:  I was meditating by counting the tactile breath sensations in the region of the outside nose.  When I reached 30, I switched to vipassana, releasing all effort of vicara and vitakka.  I discerned what sense organ the sensation of Now was accessing ( body, ear, mind, etc ).  I switch back and forth between these methods of samatha and vipassana a few times before the experience occured.  It was with this method that I had experienced the 5th jhana, multiple times in the same week, long ago.  But then I took a couple weeks off from meditation and I could never reproduce that since.
Distant Admirer, modified 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:15 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/5/15 2:15 PM

RE: Unknown Experience

What you make of the experience, and thus how you interpret it, in the context of your journey (and story, etc), like the narrative that you make

Means more than what the experience actually means
Banned For waht?, modified 8 Years ago at 8/8/15 11:55 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/8/15 11:55 AM

Distant Admirer:
What you make of the experience, and thus how you interpret it, in the context of your journey (and story, etc), like the narrative that you make

Means more than what the experience actually means

+1
Banned For waht?, modified 8 Years ago at 8/8/15 12:41 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 8/8/15 12:41 PM

If it is what i think it is then:
For that rising to have- you had already spirit brought to your body and it has matured so it rised by itself to the head. You had fed it well.
In order to bring spirit to the body you had passed through the warm, heat stage and energy, dissolved perception knot.

but still its advanged stuff, or my own experiences are overrated by my self. lol

and to me when i read my own reply to you in other older post of yours then i feel grumpy with edges, then i assume you are higher level than me. emoticon