Joe Rogan's Vajrayanistic Experience

thumbnail
Shamadhi Sam, modified 8 Years ago at 1/27/16 10:28 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/26/16 1:32 PM

Joe Rogan's Vajrayanistic Experience

In the video about floatation tanks, Rogan describes a vajriana-like experience of merging with a "hyperdimensional" (my quotes) flower at around the 2:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEjTXX2rHgA

I've never floated before, but I would be curious to know what kinds of experience others have had. Especially interested to know what techniques, or lack there of, have worked well for other practitioners while in the tank.
thumbnail
Shamadhi Sam, modified 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 12:15 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/28/16 9:14 PM

RE: Joe Rogan's Vajrayanistic Experience

Since no one responded, I let my curiosity get the better of me and went ahead and did my first float today. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and based on the experience, decided to sign up for a monthly package that allows me to do 4 hourly sessions per month. I am going to start a practice log based on my experiences meditating in the tank. I'll post a link to it here once the first post is up.
Stuie Law, modified 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 2:36 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/29/16 2:36 AM

The concept has had me by the short and curlies since they first started manufacturing the damn things way back.  Couldn't afford to buy and not near enough to a big city to try.  There was just one practitioner on this site when i first started looking but the name eludes me.

Most interested in your proposed log re the deprivation tank....

Oh and update on 6 yogas of Naropa....requires advanced yogi training that i haven't the time to master.  Shortened time line.  Need to stick to the knitting.....path!
thumbnail
Shamadhi Sam, modified 8 Years ago at 1/31/16 12:17 AM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/30/16 2:17 PM

Stuie Law:
The concept has had me by the short and curlies since they first started manufacturing the damn things way back.  Couldn't afford to buy and not near enough to a big city to try.  There was just one practitioner on this site when i first started looking but the name eludes me.

Most interested in your proposed log re the deprivation tank....

Oh and update on 6 yogas of Naropa....requires advanced yogi training that i haven't the time to master.  Shortened time line.  Need to stick to the knitting.....path!

The cheapest at home tanks come from the company that launched themselves using Kickstarter, Zen Float Co. Their model costs $1,850, not including the price of the 800lbs of required epsom salts.

http://www.zenfloatco.com/

There are also free DIY plans available online for building a tank that costs around $2,500 in parts.

http://www.floattankshop.com/

If you don't live near a major city there are private clubs throughout the country. The often consist of a private home owner who has a Shamadi Brand Tank (~ $12K tanks) or something similar. Since these are private clubs, you usually need a referral to become a member. As a member you would pay a set hourly rate for each scheduled float. I have yet to discover a site the lists all float clubs across the country, so other than just searching for "float clubs", I'm not sure how else to locate them.

As to what you mentioned about not having time for the Six Yogas of Naropa, I am curious if you found a teacher or where just planning to go at it yourself. Most people feel they need to get initiation/empowerment from a teacher/guru before embarking on such a path, if for no other reason than safety precautions. That having been said, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those looking to unbundle the traditional teachings and "hack" out a course of development for themselves.

Was just curious which plan of attack you where thinking of.
thumbnail
Shamadhi Sam, modified 8 Years ago at 1/30/16 4:53 PM
Created 8 Years ago at 1/30/16 4:53 PM

Breadcrumb