Dhammarato

thumbnail
Noah, modified 7 Years ago at 4/5/16 1:45 PM
Created 7 Years ago at 4/5/16 1:45 PM

Dhammarato

I can delete this thread if you guys think its an inappropriate advertisement, but two people have PM'd me asking for more info/contact info on the teacher I've been writing about, so I assume that means there are more lurkers who are too shy to do so.  I feel bad holding out on this since he's not charging any money and he's been really helpful for me.  

Here is his blog: https://dhammaratoblog.wordpress.com/

And here's his e-mail, which he posts openly on his blog, and gave me permission to post on here: dhammarato@yahoo.com

Also, my friend Paul has been putting up some youtube discussions: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxg5GJFsRqnS-YLTzyrjLQ

Okay, so there it is, if you're interested in learning more, people can hit him up directly. Shameless advertising over. 
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 6 Years ago at 4/15/17 11:34 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 4/15/17 11:34 AM

RE: Dhammarato

I wanted to bump this thread.  I've really learned a huge amount from Dhammarato over the past 15 months or so.   He teaches a variety of crazy hacks in all 3 training areas (morality, concentration & wisdom).  These include antidoting hindrances, helpful attitudes to take, user-friendly Pali Canon interpretations, unusual anapanasati techniques, bodywork, deep pyscho-emotional investigation, etc.  

He's studied in-person with a variety of famous teachers including Muktananda, U Pandita, Goenka & most importantly, Buddhadasa.  If you want to learn a "hardcore"/pragmatic version of the Thai forest tradition, this would be good fit.  I've found his techniques to be a complete curriculum at times and an augment to working with other teachers at other times.  It's very flexible like that.   

The context for this advertisement/recruitment is that he has the bandwidth for a new batch of students.  He charges no money.  The biggest obstacle is scheduling with the time zone in Thailand.  Feel free to send him an email directly or people could talk to me or his other students first.

P.s.- If you send me a pm, please also acknowledge that on this thread because this account is linked to an email I don't check.
thumbnail
Nik, modified 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 6:05 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 6:05 AM

Does he do any teaching/classes directly in Thailand?

Also, the blog seems to mostly be articles from Buddhadasa... is there more of Dhammarato's material somewhere?
thumbnail
Noah D, modified 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 7:56 AM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 7:56 AM

Nik:
Does he do any teaching/classes directly in Thailand?

Also, the blog seems to mostly be articles from Buddhadasa... is there more of  Dhammarato's material somewhere?
There's about 15 talks/taped discussions (1 hr + each) on his YouTube channel.

I would reccommend emailing him.  Although he does not currently give regular classes, I'm sure he'd be glad to meet!
thumbnail
Nik, modified 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 5:27 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 5:27 PM

Thanks for the info. Ill be in Thailand in two months or so, so that could be cool.
thumbnail
Chris M, modified 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 6:06 PM
Created 6 Years ago at 6/1/17 6:06 PM

I like this quote from his blog, in re dependent origination:
Consciousness is devoid of ego. If consciousness exists, then it is dependent arising. It is a natural phenomenon manifested from successive occurrences due to mutually dependent conditions. It is not an entity.

Breadcrumb